Fist Real Time Using FEL

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #1  

SpeedshifterZ06

Well, lets just say i need some more seat time. I used my FEL on my 2630 today and it worked great, the operator was the weak link. I had my utility trailer filled with mulch, my goal was to unload from trailer to mulch beds. I did what i set out to, but my wife laughed all morning because my bucket was hardly more filled than a large shovel. I got somewhat better as the day went but never mastered the maneuvering of the bucket to get a full load, I think I would have done better if the mulch as on the ground verses in the trailer. O' well i managed to do it without hitting anything. :laughing::thumbsup:

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #2  
with mulch I shovel from the trailor into the bucket, as my bucket will barely fit inside the 16' trailor. I use a grain shovel, so it's fast to fill the bucket. My wife won't use the "motorized wheelbarrow", she uses the old fashion kind. Matter of fact, she went out and bought herself her very own wheelbarrow this year, because mine keeps having a flat tire, and she was tired of filling it with air every day. :D

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #3  
Find a nice quiet secluded spot and do some digging with the FEL to get some practice.:thumbsup:

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #4  
Before you realize it shall become second nature,for now your wise operator by taking it slow/comfortable level.

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #5  
Using a FEL quickly and effectively takes a lot of practice. I have been doing it for years and am still not where I would like to be skill wise.

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #6  
It just takes practise. Biggest problem for some is trying to take to much at one scoop until more skilled. I also shovel mulch off trailer into bucket.

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #7  
Even after you've "mastered" it, things still happen.

Don

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #8  
I have been doing it for 17 years, and I am getting better at it every day:)
you just have to practice. A nice mulch pile or gravel pile to play in would help, also no audience would help too!
James K0UA

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL #9  
Ahhh memories! The same day I took delivery of my BX, I had mulch in my trailer ready to be offloaded to mulchbeds as well. After I was done unloading trailer, I was like whats the next thing to do? :D

/ Fist Real Time Using FEL
Finished the job today. Getting better by the minute with the FEL. I will say the FEL is easy to take on and off. I use a bxpanded dolly, it makes the job simple.Also provides easy storage mobiltiy. Next job is to even out a few low sponts in the yard with some top soil..