Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fist Real Time Using FEL

Well, lets just say i need some more seat time. I used my FEL on my 2630 today and it worked great, the operator was the weak link. I had my utility trailer filled with mulch, my goal was to unload from trailer to mulch beds. I did what i set out to, but my wife laughed all morning because my bucket was hardly more filled than a large shovel. I got somewhat better as the day went but never mastered the maneuvering of the bucket to get a full load, I think I would have done better if the mulch as on the ground verses in the trailer. O' well i managed to do it without hitting anything.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4

Default Re: Fist Real Time Using FEL

with mulch I shovel from the trailor into the bucket, as my bucket will barely fit inside the 16' trailor. I use a grain shovel, so it's fast to fill the bucket. My wife won't use the "motorized wheelbarrow", she uses the old fashion kind. Matter of fact, she went out and bought herself her very own wheelbarrow this year, because mine keeps having a flat tire, and she was tired of filling it with air every day.
    L3940HSTC, QA FEL, BH92
    L5030HST,QA,FEL
    MF 205-4
    Husqvarna YTH24V48LS (the other orange)
    KK Finish Mower, KK Tiller, 6' rotary mower, Pallet forks, PHD, Blade, Carryall, cultivator, 2 wheel barrows, assorted gardening tools,

Find a nice quiet secluded spot and do some digging with the FEL to get some practice.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Before you realize it shall become second nature,for now your wise operator by taking it slow/comfortable level.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Using a FEL quickly and effectively takes a lot of practice. I have been doing it for years and am still not where I would like to be skill wise.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

It just takes practise. Biggest problem for some is trying to take to much at one scoop until more skilled. I also shovel mulch off trailer into bucket.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB

Even after you've "mastered" it, things still happen.

Don

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

I have been doing it for 17 years, and I am getting better at it every day
    you just have to practice. A nice mulch pile or gravel pile to play in would help, also no audience would help too!
    James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Ahhh memories! The same day I took delivery of my BX, I had mulch in my trailer ready to be offloaded to mulchbeds as well. After I was done unloading trailer, I was like whats the next thing to do?

Finished the job today. Getting better by the minute with the FEL. I will say the FEL is easy to take on and off. I use a bxpanded dolly, it makes the job simple.Also provides easy storage mobiltiy. Next job is to even out a few low sponts in the yard with some top soil..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast