Repair pieces

/ Repair pieces #1  

funwithahoe

Gold Member
I was mowing under my son's playset with B3200 and the monkey bars caught the 3PT when I was backing up. Didn't let go until it bent that sheet metal piece beyond reasonable repair. Pretty big kiss for a tractor with less than 10 hours:mad:

Anybody have any replacement ideas or is my dealer the best bet. I hate to start half-a***** already but if anyone has good fabrication ideas maybe I could make something better (better cup holder maybe a light stand etc.).

Really my best bet is probably if kubota does replace and doesn't charge too much - Any online suggestions??

By the way - Wife is unimpressed.

Thanks - You can tell the "rural" people (like me) who are on this site are a whole lot helpful and nicer than some other sites where everything degrades to trash talkin.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 217
   / Repair pieces #2  
friday.bmp

D**********!!!

That will ruin your day. :(

If it were me, I would break out the ol' Porta Power. Know a buddy that has one?

/ Repair pieces #5  
Google it. you'll find out quicker than I can type. :)

Might be your best option for straightening it out without having to remove anything, and without beating it all to heck. Make sure your hypothetical buddy knows what he's doing, it does take some skill and experience to use properly, otherwise he could do worse damage.

Most auto body shops will have one as well, but obviously you'll have to get the tractor there as well as pay for the repair.

/ Repair pieces #6  
Can the piece be removed? If so, perhaps you can find a sheet metal shop that can "break" a new piece for you. I will wager the dealer will want a lot for this part but a phone call to find out is free.

Or just say "what the heck" and go about your tractor work and think about it this winter.

In what state are you located?

/ Repair pieces #7  
Well that's a bummer. I'll repeat what repete said :) about getting a sheet metal shop to brake a new piece for you. My B7800 did not have that piece, so when I built my cab that was the very first piece I did. I bent it myself using a vise and 2 pieces of angle iron (that exercise prompted me to buy a cheap sheet metal brake for the rest of the cab build). I'm guessing the genuine Kubota part would be rather pricey. Good luck however you go with it.

Attachments

• Cab01.jpg
    Cab01.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 163
   / Repair pieces #8  
This is a pretty straightforward fix any decent body guy can handle, and without taking much of anything apart.

Look at the attached picture. Let's assume a sheet metal guy would make up this piece, with all of the correct dimensions, bends, welded-on captive nuts, etc., and it actually fits properly. It's going to take a fair amount of labor, and it isn't going to be cheap. Then it has to be painted. It will probably end up costing more than the new part from Kubota.

I would rather put the money toward fixing the "genuine article". And if that looked to be expensive, I'd still get the new part from Kubota. It's worth calling your dealer to get a price on it, so you at least know.

Attachments

• bent.PNG
    bent.PNG
    183.8 KB · Views: 138
   / Repair pieces #9  
Unless you have the equipment and do the work yourself it might be just as cheap to buy the new piece for Kubota. Might surprise you on the cost.:D

/ Repair pieces #10  
I would wear it as a badge of honor...with the accompanying story......

I was mowing the field when I was charged by a Moose in Heat-:D

-OR-

I raced with my tractor to block a rolling boulder before it ran over a group of Nun's having a picnic-:D

-OR-

...come up with your own story :thumbsup:

Many good answers here already........couldn't resist! :thumbsup: