hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #1  

palomar

Tractor
b1600
Hi everyone, new member, first post.

Looking for some info on the metal suction pipe (from the hydraulic pump to the hydraulic filter/strainer) on an older B series

Here is my situation:

I have a leak at the hydraulic fluid strainer/filter. It seems to leak from the inner o-ring seal (the one between the transmission housing and the pipe). I replaced both o-rings but the leak persists. For some reason my suction pipe does not allign perfectly with the filter hole in the tranny. It is about 1/4" forward (short of the hole) and its surface is about 10 deg off of being parallel with the tranny housing surface (negative camber). I had to force it back, twist it, and hold it that way to get the filter threaded in smoothly.

My questions:
1. Anyone else dealt with leaks there? Possible causes?
2. When you cleaned your strainer and then bolted it back in, did the suction pipe hole allign well with the transmision housing hole?

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue
Not a single person here that has cleaned the strainer can answer two simple questions? :anyone:

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #3  
It might help to list which "older B" model you have.

I don't have a strainer, so I can't say for sure, but it's possible that the issue you're dealing with doesn't exist on the newer tractors due to design changes, etc.

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #4  
The missalignment should not matter. When you tight it down, it will go in straight and square, unless the thread is shot.

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #5  
Replace the pipe, they are not that expensive. It will eventually break from the flex. Likely got bent at some time.

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #6  
Is this on your 3030? I have a 2630 and am thinking it doesn't have a strainer either (can't find one on my machine anyway). Stands to reason that if 3030 has no strainer, 2630 also has no strainer?

Thanks,
Rob

It might help to list which "older B" model you have.

I don't have a strainer, so I can't say for sure, but it's possible that the issue you're dealing with doesn't exist on the newer tractors due to design changes, etc.

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #7  
Is this on your 3030? I have a 2630 and am thinking it doesn't have a strainer either (can't find one on my machine anyway). Stands to reason that if 3030 has no strainer, 2630 also has no strainer?
2630 and 3030 have no strainer, instead there is a 2nd HST filter. They are not the same part #, so make sure to get one of each.

OP was asking about a strainer on an older B model, not sure which one.

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue #8  
More than likely the inner oring got out of place during the time you were trying to get the banjo bolt started back into the threaded hole.

/ hydraulic fluid filter (strainer) issue
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Unfortunantely after further investigation I found out that the leak is not form the strainer, but from a crack in the gearbox housing directly above it. I think that the crack may have been caused by over-tightening of the strainer, but I am not sure. I know I had to use my leg on the breaker bar to get in loose, and it just does not need that much torque to seal.

Anyway I did the repair on the gearbox housing over the weekend and posted it in a new thread here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/179901-gearbox-crack-repair.html