Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor?

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #1  

jinjimbob

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
Is there anything available like this , Compact Range of Professional Side arm Flail Mowers, for a B2320, something to trim back blackberry bushes on the side of the driveway and road.
That looks pretty spendy and I'm sure my tractor is too small for anything like that.
thanks

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #2  
Is there anything available like this , Compact Range of Professional Side arm Flail Mowers, for a B2320, something to trim back blackberry bushes on the side of the driveway and road.
That looks pretty spendy and I'm sure my tractor is too small for anything like that.
thanks

The vineyard attachment on one brand has two and three sickles to prune on all three sides for pruning grape vines in one pass and it may be what you want as it would be capable of trimming and pruning for you.

I can forward some information to you about flail and sickle pruners as I have it stored.

One manufacturer has very small tractor rear mounted boom flails that can do this as well as mow.

send me a PM with your e-mail and I can forward it to you.

Edit 5 august 2010 I totally forgot the Samurai it would be perfect if you have a front end loader to aid in trimming

Last edited:
   / Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #3  
Most manufacturers have an offset flail mower that mounts on the 3-point but mows past the RH rear wheel a foot or so. When you are talking flail mowers you are talking $thousands. What you buy is a mower that will chew through stumps and 4" logs without burping. For the money, I pull out my chainsaw and do the big stuff myself.

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #5  
The John Deere 90 was made for tractors up to 50 HP. Not sure about the low end. I'll have to dig out my manual tonight after work and look it up. My tractor is actually a little big for it.

Attachments

• Boom mower_003.JPG
    Boom mower_003.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 2,476
   / Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #6  
I side trim my Osage Orange hedge trees along my drive with this... it works great and I can also trim ditches. KennyV

Attachments

• Clipping treeLimbs.jpg
    Clipping treeLimbs.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 3,276
   / Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor?
thanks guys, that Samurai sabre looks great.

I just to figure out how to connect the hydraulic lines.
I do have both a front end loader and back hoe connected.

/ Anything like a side flail mower for compact tractor? #10