3-Point Hitch New B2620 Problems

/ New B2620 Problems #1  

diesel466

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I just got a new b2620 and have a few problems with less than 1 hour on it ! First is radiator leaks at top tank, Dealer came and looked at it and says yeap those radiators are junk ! Thanks alot, sure didnt charged junk price for it!! Second is the 3 point doesnt work right. Moving it up seems to really load engine and 1/4'' valve section is not working right. Dealer says he has never seen one work as described in owners manual? I do not have a good feeling about this tractor.

/ New B2620 Problems #2  
I don't blame you; sounds like you have a really poor dealer.

I have never had a radiator problem on a Kubota and all 3-points work as advertised as does the 1/4 inch valve on my John Deere.

/ New B2620 Problems #3  
The dealer needs to take responsibility and fix these issues. Have you tried the 3 pt adjustment dial below the seat? When I got mine, the plastic "stops" for the 1/4 inching function were not set properly. I fixed that myself. I haven't had any real problems with the radiator, although I did have coolant seep out of the clamp at the top of the engine in below zero conditions.

/ New B2620 Problems #4  
I have a small coolant leak on mine as well, but I believe it is where the hose goes into the top front of engine. I thought there was something wrong with my 3pt as well when I first got mine. It seemed to put a load on the motor even when there was nothing on the 3pt. I did go from position control to 1/4"ing so maybe this is just the way 1/4"ing works. I have not had any problems with the 3pt still and I use the 3pt almost everytime I use the tractor. The 1/4"ing thing takes some setting up and getting used to. There is also an upper and lower stops for the 3pt. The 1/4"ing depends on the load on the 3pt and also the lowering speed knob. There are adjustable stops or intermmediate stops for the 1/4"ing as well.

I don't know exactly what your conditions are, but at this time I would say don't worry about the 3pt. And I assume the dealer is going to replace the radiator.

/ New B2620 Problems #5  
I know about the upper, and lower stops on my 3pt, but haven't noticed any intermediate stops, etc. Could you point out what I probably have just missed? Here is what my B2620 looks like.

Attachments

• 3pt 001.jpg
    3pt 001.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 601
  • 3pt 002.jpg
    3pt 002.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 3pt 003.jpg
    3pt 003.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 522
   / New B2620 Problems #6  
Agree. Give that dealer another chance to actually make these things right, if you strike out fixing things on your own.

Then, go straight over his head to Kubota corporate. Email them through the website address. If the dealer is a non responsive as you described, things will begin to happen when a regional Kubota voice gets involved.

/ New B2620 Problems #7  
I just got a new b2620 and have a few problems with less than 1 hour on it ! First is radiator leaks at top tank, Dealer came and looked at it and says yeap those radiators are junk ! Thanks alot, sure didnt charged junk price for it!! Second is the 3 point doesnt work right. Moving it up seems to really load engine and 1/4'' valve section is not working right. Dealer says he has never seen one work as described in owners manual? I do not have a good feeling about this tractor.

This type of thing always baffles me. It is as if the dealer thinks you have never met.

What I am getting at is this: when he sold you the tractor, did he say something like "if you are willing to neglect the fact that the radiator is junk and the 3pt does not work per the manual, this tractor is otherwise the best tractor in its class, and it could be yours for the ultra-low price of $$$$$$, and the warranty is X years, but we usually refuse to honor it, but we do offer an extended warranty which we will fail to honor for and even longer period of time. Let's shake on it!"

When it's all sunshine and blue skies at purchase, and all known yet unresolvable problems at warranty, who looks like a liar? Not you. Not Kubota. Who is left?

/ New B2620 Problems
I bought this tractor so my wife would have something dependable to mow with, I have serious health problems and do not know how much longer I will be able to help with lawn. I thought I was buy something that wouldnt have problems and was covered under a good warranty. I did not think I would be worried about getting it fixed with .7 hours on it. All I did was drive around yard once and into garage!! Called them about 3 point and all I got was additude. Next day got up to anti frezze dripping on floor. Not a good start.

/ New B2620 Problems #9  
Almost all tractors come with little tweaky things here and there. A radiator leak and a possible 3 pt adjustment issue is within the range of "normal", I'd say because of the complexity of the machine, although such things should absolutely have been caught during dealer prep. My delivery guy went through the entire tractor pointing out and moving everything. Not all dealers seem to be as thoughtful. That's a shame.

Don't give up hope. Once Kubota US hears about your issues, things have a way of getting hopping. There is no excuse for a new tractor buyer to have to fuss about such things.

/ New B2620 Problems #10  
That is why I got rid of my previous tractor...If your dealer and service department stink, well you understand.
You have a good machine, I think you should see if there is another Kubota dealer near you and have them fix it. Attitude is something you should not be getting, especially after spending several thousand dollars....
Good luck !