Snow Winter is coming snowblower question

/ Winter is coming snowblower question #21  
snow blower continued

No I haven't made up my mind yet because of the two questions I asked.

1. Will the front end be to light for the plow to work well? With the backhoe on, the plow didn't work as well so I'm wondering how hanging a 450 lb blower off the back affects the front plow...which leads to the most important question #2

It would have little effect as the engine and transmission are substantial in weight.

Am I correct in assuming your rear tiures are not loaded-0as this would explain a lot of your issues wirth weight distribution.

2.Does anybody else use that combination? It sure seems to me that a front plow and rear blower could work well, but I have never seen anybody else with that combination. I'm wondering why. From the posts and videos that I've seen the rear blower/front loader is the popular combination.
By far the majority of my snow moving is with the plow and it works fine, its just what kind of blower to have:

Several of the members have this combination and not be your machine but the issues are identical as to weight if you have rears that are not loaded thats going to affect the front plow as it will have no wieght for additional traction.

The physics for traction/adhesion are the same no matter the type of tractor
if you havve inadequate adhesion you have no traction period.

Leaving the excavating attachment on really compromises the front plow if you do not have loaded rears and it would tend to lift if you are trying to break piles and ride over them.

1. rear blower on all the time

lots of folks leave it on all season with loaded rears and chains

2. rear blower on just when needed ( because the front end gets light)

Thats up to you as it relates to time used to install and remove it and what your time is worth. if you leave the excavator on the front will get light because the excavator weighs more. If you are constantly dealing with a light front end or what you think it is doing you should a glue spirit level where you can see it and determine when it occurs - loaded rears will solve that I bet

if your rears are climbing out of deep short holes its a given that will happen which gets back to traction and adhesion as the lugs are gripping and the tractor is moving forward ( this will occur if the tractor is moving in a higher gear more quickly as well this will happen and the tires will grip everything that they can which in turn may cause the front end to raise because they are moving at a high rate of rotation RPM.

if you have loaded rears and the excavator is removed it wont do this which again relates to the physics of adhesion and tractive effort/traction, tire chains simply add additional tractive effort when used with or without loaded rears and make the snow removal and earth moving easier with less spinning.

3 front blower and swap out for front plow when needed, but the plow is major snow mover. I can't see blowing so much snow without a cab.

I did it for years

Its seems like somebody should have the front plow/rear blower on a BX23 and that's why I have not made up my mind.

look for other owners of the other BXs

A loader is of more benefit in winter for the reasons mentioned previously, perhaps a quck attach bucket would be better and allow you less worry with clearances and allow you to install a front blade on the loader frame instead of the bucket?

Having a blower with an extended chute will help with that issue but throwing the snow back on the ground as you advance is common place until you reach a point where you are able to get rid of it.

Many snow removal contractors have small kubotas with rear blowers and front loaders;
you should visit and become a member of www.plowsite.com and do a search for kubota snow blowers to solve this issue.

Last edited:
   / Winter is coming snowblower question #22  
An earlier poster stated that you can use the fel with the quick attach mounted to the frame. My local dealer told me that you cannot use the two simultaneously (B3030). Can anybody with personal experience with this set-up clarify this discrepancy?

/ Winter is coming snowblower question #23  
It just slapped me in the face- the front cross member will not clear the quick hitch and interfere I bet, and or the loader attachment base plates under the tractor interferes with the quick hitch mounting under the tractor(s) which make sense because of the propeller shaft and gear box.

/ Winter is coming snowblower question #24  
I have a BX1500 and a rear blower around 48".
I'm quite happy with my choice.
I like having a blower, because, as someone stated, it can fairly easily and quickly clear a significant depth of snow. A plow works best if you can go out and clear every few inches as it falls. Call me lazy.

I also must have the FEL on in the winter for other chores, and I also find it useful for clearing areas the blower doesn't work so well, like around the mailbox and backdragging a few feet from the garage door. The FEL and blower together work very well for me. I can put on the blower in the fall, and leave it there for the winter. Same with the FEL. The ability to mount/unmount them doesn't matter, as I don't until spring.

There is a lot of disagreement on the "but you have to drive backwards with a rear blower" issue. For me, it's not as easy as driving forwards, but it really isn't that bad. The HST makes it pretty easy.

And rear blowers are cheaper.

/ Winter is coming snowblower question #25  
IMG_0667.jpg

/ Winter is coming snowblower question
Here's me moving snow last winter. You can see the narrow area behind me where the drive crosses the ditch. You can see the plow does great, I just run out of places to put it and I have to move it so far. A couple of people suggested plowing the snow into a big pile and then blowing the pile away and that seems like it would work.

Last edited:
   / Winter is coming snowblower question
heres the pictures, since everybody loves pictures!

Attachments

• stuck tractor 001.jpg
    stuck tractor 001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 241
  • stuck tractor 002.jpg
    stuck tractor 002.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 207
   / Winter is coming snowblower question #29  

YES SIR, Thats one handsome looking RED PRONOVOST PUMA snow blower you have there I bet she really PUURRS!. All you need now is one of Clarences impeller kits to throw the snow even farther and keep the impeller drum clear at all times while under way. :thumbsup:

/ Winter is coming snowblower question #30  
Well, well....My old friend leonz is back. How ya been.??

Great comparison of blowers right here. You see that the Puma has 25" height as compared to 26" on the Frontier. The Frontier impellar is 24" as compared to 20" on the Puma. The auger ends on the Frontier is bolted on heavy-duty with 4 bolts where as the Puma has just the 2. You can also the see that the Frontier auger has heavier re-enforcement "studs" and thicker steel. The Frontier has heavy duty adjustable skid shoes where the Puma has none. Side walls don't compare well to the Frontier, either. You can see that. One thing you can't see in the pictures is that the Frontier weighs a hefty 479lbs. The Puma just 382lbs...or is it 362lbs., leonz.?? Oh ya, look at the chains, as well. The Frontier is a #60 chain and the Puma is #50 chain.

Just look at the 2 blowers closely. I'll choose the green one everytime.

Good night, leonz.:cool: