Insurance Kubota Pre-Cleaner Kit & GP

/ Kubota Pre-Cleaner Kit & GP #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I don't know if there is an upgraded aircleaner for every model of Kubota, but there must be something similar.

Our M59 - which by the way is named "the Great Pumpkin" & often referred to "GP" or simply as "the pumpkin" - ....anyway, Kubota does offer an optional additional aircleaner for the pumpkin.

Kubota calls it a "precleaner kit". Not having seen one up close, I'm guessing that it is a centrifugal filter much like is like is stock on most every other diesel tractor I've had. Those all worked well enough that I'd kind of like to add the same feature to it to this M59. That decision sort of hinges on if it works like I think and is not too hard to install

So......does anyone have experience with an air Pre-Cleaner Kit on their Kubota? Particularly on the M59? Got pictures?
Thanks, rScotty

/ Kubota Pre-Cleaner Kit & GP #2  
I don't know if there is an upgraded aircleaner for every model of Kubota, but there must be something similar.

Our M59 - which by the way is named "the Great Pumpkin" & often referred to "GP" or simply as "the pumpkin" - ....anyway, Kubota does offer an optional additional aircleaner for the pumpkin.

Kubota calls it a "precleaner kit". Not having seen one up close, I'm guessing that it is a centrifugal filter much like is like is stock on most every other diesel tractor I've had. Those all worked well enough that I'd kind of like to add the same feature to it to this M59. That decision sort of hinges on if it works like I think and is not too hard to install

So......does anyone have experience with an air Pre-Cleaner Kit on their Kubota? Particularly on the M59? Got pictures?
Thanks, rScotty

I have worked with both the cyclone and oil bath air cleaners with farm equipment and mining equipment.

The www.airsupplynow.com folks have Duetz FARR oil bath precleaners which can accept cyclones in thier air inlets and you will save a your self a lot of aggravation and black smoke too.

The cylone and oil bath air cleaner will reduce your air filter plugging and they will last much much longer in use.

They also have air tubing in stock rated for this as well with no worries about plumbing as it will plumb right up to the air inlet of the existing canister in the engine compartment- the oil bath air cleaner is also used with Duetx Farr cartridge filter unit and could be used as well.

My fathers Ford Jubilee had an oil bath precleaner and it always worked very well and worked with no issues of air restriction for the gas engne in it.

You will change the main air filters much less often as well and the engine will aspirate with much less effort and smoke.

if you have a cab the M59 you would be able to add the oil bath precleaner and cylcone at the roof line too and increase filter life even further with the oil bath precleaner as well.