lift cap of LA680 on L3600

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #1  

PHS79

Bronze Member
We are looking at buying a L3600GST that has a LA680 loader mounted on it, but I can't seem to find the lift capacity of the LA680. Does anyone know what the lift cap of this loader is?

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #2  
We are looking at buying a L3600GST that has a LA680 loader mounted on it, but I can't seem to find the lift capacity of the LA680. Does anyone know what the lift cap of this loader is?

Kubota FEL classification/weight rating is very simple your FEL is rated at.......680 kg or 1496lbs
My LA480 is 480kg or 1056lbs

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600
OK great, THANK YOU!! I just have 2 more questions for you:

Where is that measured at? (the pivot point, at the cutting edge, or at the mid point of the bucket)
Also if that is just the class that the loader fits into, how much more will it actually lift than that? Would it lift 2000lbs if needed? (I ask this because all the skid steers that we have will lift more than their rated capacity, like our Bobcat S250 is rated at 2500lbs but I regularly lift 3000lbs to full extention and have unloaded pallets off trucks weighing more than 4200 lbs without trouble)

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #4  
It appears that the rating is at the center of the bucket.

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #5  
Something to consider in determining the lift capability is the load path that must be followed to the ground. Yes, you may be able to lift the excess weight, but are the mounts attaching the loader to the tractor capable of the lift? Is the pivot point attachment from the tractor to the axle capable of the lift? Is the axle housings capable of supporting the lift? Are the wheel bearings capable of the lift? Always find the weakest point and make that your determining factor.

Parts cost money...

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #6  
From experience with the six Kubotas with FELs that I've owned, they will lift 10 to 20% over their rated capacity. This assumes the hydraulic system is set to the maximum recommended pressure. Some dealers, for whatever reason (safety maybe), set the system pressure to something under maximum.

There are those here who boost the hydraulic pressure to gain lift capacity. I tried increasing the pressure by 15% on my old B7100. It did increase the FEL lift but I wound up bending a cylinder ram on the BH. Use caution if you go that route.

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #7  
Something to consider in determining the lift capability is the load path that must be followed to the ground. Yes, you may be able to lift the excess weight, but are the mounts attaching the loader to the tractor capable of the lift? Is the pivot point attachment from the tractor to the axle capable of the lift? Is the axle housings capable of supporting the lift? Are the wheel bearings capable of the lift? Always find the weakest point and make that your determining factor.

Parts cost money...

I’m not an engineer. Neither are most operators. I wouldn’t want to do it all the time, but the machine should be able to handle its maximum lifting force.

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #8  
Zombie thread......

Sure....lets re-engineer a front loader while we are at it:confused2:

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #9  
I’m not an engineer. Neither are most operators. I wouldn’t want to do it all the time, but the machine should be able to handle its maximum lifting force.

Ever had a load in the bucket that was the max it could lift and tried to lower it and stop before it got to the ground? I bet the back end came up a lot higher than when it was lifting the same load.

/ lift cap of LA680 on L3600 #10  
Ever had a load in the bucket that was the max it could lift and tried to lower it and stop before it got to the ground? I bet the back end came up a lot higher than when it was lifting the same load.

Yep. Ever hit a bump with a load? Lifting a load without moving is probably the easiest thing your tractor does all day.