Kubota Dealers out there...

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #1  

rjkobbeman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HD-12 2010
Ever since I bought my new M9540HD12-1 I have been trying to get a parts manual and work shop manual. I ordered them the same day I ordered the tractor.

A few days ago my dealer called and said the manuals were in. When I picked them up, I noticed the parts manual appeared to be for a cab, but my dealer said it was for both ROPS and CAB. I said OK and took them home.

Once I started reading them, I paid attention to the applicable tractor models and discovered the parts manual was for a M8540 Narrow and Narrow/Power Crawler. The WSM appears to be correct. OK, back to the dealer.

Once I brought the parts manual back in, the salesman and parts guy started to have a discussion about me and the manuals. Apparently there was quite a discussion when ordering my manuals the first time. They could not find the correct tractor model in the computer. (I guess they just ordered something close and hoped for the best... LOL!)

I watched the parts guy get on their Kubota Dealer site and lookup the manual. Sure enough, my model was not listed. (Granted, mine is a -1 model, but that is not the problem. The basic M8540HD is not listed.) After paying attention to his computer screen and comparing to Kubota's public website for parts lookup, I see that the same list of tractor models is listed.

Long story longer, there are only a couple of M8540 tractor models listed on Kubota's website and the dealer system: one is the narrow/narrow PC (M8540HDNBC / M8540HDNBPC) and the other is a M8540DTQ / M8540DTHQ. I'm not sure what the DTQ/DTHQ is, but my M8540HD is the "regular" M8540.

Does anyone know how to lookup/find a parts manual part number for current tractors? I don't think the M8540 series is that new.

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #2  
Messicks lists M8540HD on their Parts site, you might try that. It would be a bit painstaking to have them email each section of the catalog separately, but if you have no other recourse...

/ Kubota Dealers out there...
Messicks lists M8540HD on their Parts site, you might try that. It would be a bit painstaking to have them email each section of the catalog separately, but if you have no other recourse...

Yeah, I noticed Mesick's has a listing. I'm going to take that part number with a grain of salt though... until I find out more info. Seems like the part numbers are really screwed up.

I'm going to x-ref what I find on Messick's website (great site) with Kubota.com and see if I can make some sense of it all.

I certainly would not have them email my a manual... I'm looking to order a whole book. Just trying to get to the bottom of this model number / part number mess right now.

Thanks.

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #4  
I got the correct parts manual in PDF format by using the service provided by TRACTOR SMART. Follow the link then click MANUALS then click L SERIES then fill out the form. Make sure to add all of the attachments on your tractor like loader or backhoe etc. then Tractor Smart will send you a link to a PDF download site and you have a PDF parts manual for your tractor. For a Kubota that is as rare as hens teeth. Oh did I mention its free.

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #5  
That's a good tip also, I've gotten info from there, the only thing I can never be 100% sure of is how up to date their information is (same with Kubotabooks.com). Seems like the few times I went into the dealer with part #'s from these, the numbers had been superceded.
Take it with a grain of salt. :)

Of course you have to also wonder how up to date a printed manual from the dealer is going to be...

I guess my biggest issue with all of this is the DEALER can't seem to find the parts manual!

:cool:

I will check out those other links.

Thanks.

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #7  
That's a good tip also, I've gotten info from there, the only thing I can never be 100% sure of is how up to date their information is (same with Kubotabooks.com). Seems like the few times I went into the dealer with part #'s from these, the numbers had been superceded.
Take it with a grain of salt. :)

Of course you have to also wonder how up to date a printed manual from the dealer is going to be...

When I bought my L4400 I bought the paper copy parts manual and the #s in it a superceded as well. like they never upgraded their manuals. That said I like the PDF format better than the hard copy, I can print a section off and get it dirty in the shop and mark it up and then throw it away.

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #8  
I ordered mine from Messicks, no problem and accurate so far.

E/S

I ordered mine from Messicks, no problem and accurate so far.

E/S

That is good to know. I did find a part number from Messick's. Here is what I found:

97898-23221

Could you do me a favor and verify that that is the same number as our parts manual? I would really appreciate it.

My dealer has that part number listed for a different tractor. I think their descriptions are screwed up.

Thanks.

/ Kubota Dealers out there... #10  
That said I like the PDF format better than the hard copy, I can print a section off and get it dirty in the shop and mark it up and then throw it away.
I hear ya! :thumbsup:
I have PDF manuals for virtually every piece of equipment I own, but you can't get a single one from Kubota. :thumbdown: I do have a few "unauthorized" Kubota 3rd-party PDFs (e.g., from TractorSmart, Kubotabooks, etc.)