BX2200 R&R Right Rear Axle Seal

/ BX2200 R&R Right Rear Axle Seal #1  

mtntex

Just bought a BX2200 with 2000 hours and the right rear axle seal is leaking and dripping on inside of wheel. BX2200 service manual shows that to replace the right rear axle seal you remove the tire/wheel and pry the old seal out on the axle, reach in and remove snap ring, and tap out axle from housing/transmission.

Has anyone done this on their BX2200 and is that all that is involved? Will the spyder gears in the carrier stay in place and allow this without having problems reinstalling the axle? I don't want to remove the right axle housing from the transmission if it is not absolutely necessary. I have the new seal and a new bearing just in case the old bearing is worn.

Thanks,

mtn

/ BX2200 R&R Right Rear Axle Seal #2  
I realise the above post is rather old and had no replies but I have the same problem and was looking a bit of advice before starting.

1. Does the transaxle need removed to allow access to facilitate removal of casing?
2. Is it possible to remove the snap ring some how to allow the axle to be drawn out with the axle still insitu?

From reading the service manual it appears a major job but not sure if it is all necessary.

Thnk you.

/ BX2200 R&R Right Rear Axle Seal #3  
I realise the above post is rather old and had no replies but I have the same problem and was looking a bit of advice before starting.

1. Does the transaxle need removed to allow access to facilitate removal of casing?
2. Is it possible to remove the snap ring some how to allow the axle to be drawn out with the axle still insitu?

From reading the service manual it appears a major job but not sure if it is all necessary.

Thnk you.

Hi, Ive found the left rear axle seal has popped out of the axle housing enough to dump most of the transmission fluid on the shed floor.
I pressed the seal back into the housing and it seams ok but im concerned it will just pop out again.
Can anyone help with a quick solution?
Thanks

/ BX2200 R&R Right Rear Axle Seal #4  
My seal popped out a few months ago & I pushed it back & then cleaned outside with rag soaked with brake cleaner to degrease surface, then put a couple of blobs of sealer (top & bottom) at the edge & to the axle housing, trying to make a clamp to hold it in place. So far no more issues. Not sure if the seal is staying in place on its own or the sealer is helping. I also remembered I was bush hogging a lot of vines, briars, small trees when I noticed the line of oil on the ground. Not sure if some vine or tree branch wrapped the axle pulling the seal out. The seal is nothing more than a press fit & I couldn't see a way of making a clamp to hold it in. Hope this helps some, best of luck.

/ BX2200 R&R Right Rear Axle Seal #5  
Haven't had this problem on a BX but on some other equipment back in the day. A careful cleaning of the mating surfaces - if possible - and a little thread-locker applied before reinstalling might help.

Z.