B7800 Rear Remote Installation

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #1  

fiveacrefarmer

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I'm setting up this year's winter tractor project, rear hydraulics. I've seen many great threads about rear remote hydraulics and have found a ton of valuable information. My question is this: has anyone installed a rear remote on a B7800 specifically. To be honest I'd like to use your experience to help me save time and money. I'm no hydraulics expert but I'm great at buying and hooking up parts!! It might even be worth a batch of my wife's homemade cookies!!:licking:

Thanks!

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #2  
Five acre,

If you are using Kubota kits, it depends on whether you have a loader on the tractor or not.

With a loader, you need a B7333 kit and 1 of 75536-68112 hydraulic block and 2 of 75336-68132 orings from parts. Depending on how many circuits - 2 max - you will need a BL7343 o ring /bolt kit for one valve or BL7353 o ring / bolt kit for two valves.

The valves themselves are BL7373 three postion (neutral / raise / lower) or BL7393 float detent valve (neutral / raise / lower / float - detented). Unless you are doing something with a wheel control harrow or something that will follow ground contours, the BL7373 will do what you want.

If you do not have a loader, then you will need justhe B7333 kit and not the block or orings.

Installation instructions come with the kits and it is straightforward - just bolt it together on the machine.

Good luck!

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #3  
The remote valve available from Kubota would be the easiest, but IMO isn't the best or the cheapest.

The one that Kubota has mounts to the ROPS, and looks very out of place and not very factory like. Also doesn't look very convenient to me. You could purchase a nice compact control valve and fittings from Surplus center, get some hoses made, and mount it where you want it for less than half the cost of the Kubota setup (which is around $700, IIRC). I'm going to be adding either one or two rear remote valves on my B3200 this winter and plan to use my own components. There's not much room, but I'm going to mount my valve down between the seat and right fender, just forward of the seat corner. I'll make my own lever for the valve to get it where I want it. Maybe some others will chime in that have actually done this already.

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #4  
Sorry for the stupid question but is this what I'd need if I wanted to use a hydraulic top-link?

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #5  
do a search using my username, I posted a few pictures of my setup. I installed three valves on the rops but mounted towards the inside, I used 3/8 qd's on the vavles but I added a 1/2 qd in the power beyond line to add that capacity. i run a hyd top link as well and chute rotation and deflection on a blower.

It will be a lot easier if you allready have a loader installed and the most expensive will be the hyd lines. I have about $250 in the valve, and $300 in the lines and a few more bucks for fittings and connectors

If you have a loader it really is just a matter of plugging in the lines with the right fittings and figuring out where you want to mount the valve.

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #6  
I have a B2710, it has the same owner's manual as the B7800. If you look at p40, it shows the mid and rear hydraulic outlets, but there's a note that the B7800 doesn't have the rear outlet. So I guess the reason people are saying it's easier if you already have a FEL is because then you can take the power beyond port from the FEL to the rear valve. You have to T into the return port fitting, shown at the bottom of p40, because the FEL will already be connected there. If you search my username you'll find a thread or two about my experience and the stack valve I bought, that will lead you to a few other guys who helped me and posted threads of what they did. I bought one of my 3 valves with a float detent position because it allows the top link to float up and down which is useful for some attachments, for example a bushhog.

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation #7  
I did the T&T thing about 3 or 4 years ago. It has worked well for me.

Attachments

• FILE0047.jpg
    FILE0047.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • FILE0048.jpg
    FILE0048.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 970
  • FILE0049.jpg
    FILE0049.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • FILE0056.jpg
    FILE0056.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 844
   / B7800 Rear Remote Installation
Wow! Great advice! Thank you all. I have a few questions about the flow path through the loader control but I'm going to wait until I've uploaded some pictures before I post them.

/ B7800 Rear Remote Installation
John Stihl: You posted this in an earlier thread about rear remotes:

I have all the plumbing figured out and I need to find a valve to get this project started. I don't know where I want to put the valve but I know the prince rd5200 series is a little too big. I only have 6.4 gpm of flow on my b7800 so there is no point getting a valve that flows 25gpm. I want it to be small so I have the most options for placement. the rd 4100 series is still twice as big as I need.

... I was under the impression the B7800 put out over 9 GPM. Have you found something different? I'm planning to hook up a wood splitter and every GPM helps. If the output is only 6.4 I may have to look at an alternative like a PTO pump or a more conventional stand-alone splitter setup.