BX24 box blade question

/ BX24 box blade question #1  
Tractor
BX 24
Hello guys , I recently bought a used `05 BX24 with the FEL and BH...I want to purchase a box blade for it. I`m thinking of going with the KK as it`s readily available from TSC for around $500 . My question is , and this is probably a stupid one :confused2: , but do I need the top links once I remove the BH to install the BB?

In the owners man. it looks as though the BX orig. came with the links , but I didn`t get them when I bought it from the orig. owner back in Feb. of this year. Should I bother trying to call the guy and see if he has them or buy new ones , or will the BB come with them? :confused:

Sorry for asking something that might sound obvious to some of you , but you guys are my best resource .

Thanks in advance for any advise. :thumbsup:

/ BX24 box blade question #2  
Normally top link comes with the tractor, not with an implement. you can buy them. Maybe someone that has put in top and tilt has one to sell.

I recall some of the TLB's you had to order the arms seperate. maybe yours didn't come with the tractor. do you have the arms?

/ BX24 box blade question #3  
Hello guys , I recently bought a used `05 BX24 with the FEL and BH...I want to purchase a box blade for it. I`m thinking of going with the KK as it`s readily available from TSC for around $500 . My question is , and this is probably a stupid one :confused2: , but do I need the top links once I remove the BH to install the BB?

In the owners man. it looks as though the BX orig. came with the links , but I didn`t get them when I bought it from the orig. owner back in Feb. of this year. Should I bother trying to call the guy and see if he has them or buy new ones , or will the BB come with them? :confused:

Sorry for asking something that might sound obvious to some of you , but you guys are my best resource .

Thanks in advance for any advise. :thumbsup:

There is one top link plus two lift arm levelling assemblies that attach to the lift arms plus the lift arms. Plus check chains etc. It is not clear what you got with the tractor. Some of the stuff is generic and you can get it at TSC.

Take a look at this and you can see what you will need:

3 point hitch

/ BX24 box blade question
Thanks , I`ll go look more closely at the rear of the tractor...I don`t think there`s enough room for the 3pt. hitch with the BH on it...

/ BX24 box blade question #6  
The BX24 comes with the BX gray toplink. The BX25 does not. the 3pt kit needs to be ordered seperately. Since you have a BX24, Did you also receive the 3pt kitch arms and stuff from him ? did he ever use it? if not, it would be in the brown thin box with everything you need. Calling the original owner would not hurt, the worse thing he can say is no.
You can either order another toplink from your local kubota dealer or send an email to messicks online and ask for the gray BX toplink. IF the gray color is no of concern for you, you can go the the local TSC store and get the gold colored one. Be sure you get the shortest cat 1 toplink they have. However, I suspect since you want to do boxblading, the TSC one may not work for you as thier shortest one is 16 inches and the BX model is little less then 12. sometimes you need to take advantage of the shorter link to adjust the cutting rate of boxblade.

/ BX24 box blade question #7  
It won't hurt to check with the original owner. When we sold our Case, we forgot the top link as we were using pull type implements. The buyer called a few days later and we found it and gave it to him. The BX top links are pretty pricey, so you may want to see if TSC has one to fit.

/ BX24 box blade question #8  
All my 3PT hardware is still in the card board box. The BH has only been off once and that was because I wanted to take it off to see how it was. Until this post I forgot I even had it.

/ BX24 box blade question #9  
You need a top link and it is a strange (short) size. I have a couple, don't remember where I found them, but it wasn't at TSC.

But while you are at TSC, look at the xb series by King Kutter. I have their landscape rake and the box blade is perfect for a SCUT. They are even the right color. :thumbsup:

/ BX24 box blade question
Well after many months of doing other projects and researching box blades I finally got around to calling the orig. owner...turns out he had the 3 pt. hitch and tried it and a box blade and didn`t like it at all , so he gave the entire set-up to a buddy of his that also has a BX 24!

He tells me that guy isn`t happy either , so he`s going to call him tomorrow and see if he wants to sell it if he still has it , and is still not happy with the results.

I`m really hoping he wants to sell it , we`ll see...if NOT I guess i`ll be giving Messicks a call and see how much a new 3pt. hitch set-up will cost me. :confused:

I`m def. getting the KK 48in if I end up getting a box blade...the bad thing is everyone has to order one and they don`t know when it will actually show up!