B7300 3pt lift height?

/ B7300 3pt lift height? #1  

bikerdib

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
I need help from some of you Kubota Gurus.

I am not the original owner of my B7300 so I have no baseline to go by. How do I adjust the maximum upper lift stop of the 3 point lift arms? I'm not talking about where the set screws are, I'm asking; how do I know where to set the stop so I don't strain the pump or lift arms or anything else?

/ B7300 3pt lift height?
No one?

OK, maybe I confused everyone with the way I asked the original question. I'm thinking the original owner set the stop for upward lift of the 3 pt at less than maximum lift. However, before I move the stop I want to know how I can tell what the maximum lift of the 3 pt is. Will I hear the pump strain as it reaches maximum lift? Is there some type of stop built in so nothing will be damaged? I just want to get some input before I experiment. Anyone with a shop manual that can answer this question?

/ B7300 3pt lift height? #3  
I am not sure about the adjustment, but just like a front FEL or other hydraulic attachment the engine will load up at the travel limit and the relief valve will open. I know there is a procedure for adjusting the upper limit, but without a shop manual in hand I would be hesitant to try. The manual for the L2800/3400 series states that if the lift unit is improperly adjusted, the hydraulic unit can be damaged. I believe it is refering to the upper limit set to high to where the relief valve is opened and the cylinder is under constant max pressure.

/ B7300 3pt lift height? #4  
I have not seen that warning in my L3700SU manual, but wasn't looking for it of course.

The only adjustment I have come across so far for the 3pt was a video by Orange Tractor about making sure the two arms are level to each other to provide a level lift. It did not indicate anything about upper limits to the arm positions, so I don't even know if it is possible to set them wrong in that respect. :(

/ B7300 3pt lift height?
SNIP...I know there is a procedure for adjusting the upper limit, but without a shop manual in hand I would be hesitant to try. The manual for the L2800/3400 series states that if the lift unit is improperly adjusted, the hydraulic unit can be damaged. I believe it is refering to the upper limit set to high to where the relief valve is opened and the cylinder is under constant max pressure.

That's what I want to try and avoid doing.

/ B7300 3pt lift height?
I have not seen that warning in my L3700SU manual, but wasn't looking for it of course.

The only adjustment I have come across so far for the 3pt was a video by Orange Tractor about making sure the two arms are level to each other to provide a level lift. It did not indicate anything about upper limits to the arm positions, so I don't even know if it is possible to set them wrong in that respect. :(

On the B7300 there is a nut that can be set to limit the lift height just like the settable stop for a lowering limit. There is less room for adjustment on lifting height as opposed to lowering limit however. The reason I'm asking for this information; on my tractor the nut setting the lift height appears to be set to limit the raise height to the very least. When I use my shredder that is not a problem. But I recently put my blade on and I want to cross a ditch and cut the banks down to make a low water crossing. I could use more lift height if it is possible. I'm thinking about backing the nut off, raising the 3pt till I start hearing a strain, backing off from there a little then setting the stop nut so I never reach that point again. I'm just concerned that I might still be straining something by doing it this way.