Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    BX 24 TLB, BX1850, L3700SU

Default Wood Chipper

Is this an outrageously low price (it includes shipping) for a 6 inch PTO chipper?
    BX24 TLB plus BX1850 w/ 54" MMM plus L3700 w/loader and 60" Woods brush hog.

Tractor

Gold Member

Default Re: Wood Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by montelatici View Post
    Is this an outrageously low price (it includes shipping) for a 6 inch PTO chipper?
    Yes and it is very likely priced at what it is worth!!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by funwithahoe View Post
    Yes and it is very likely priced at what it is worth!!
    What are the "good" PTO chipper brands? I don't want to pay double or triple and find out it is the same Chinese chipper with a US rebranding.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855

Wallenstein

Tractor
    Kubota B2320HST

Quote Originally Posted by jbarker855 View Post
    Wallenstein
    Like he said!
    MIKE

Ephesians 6:12

America is a Constitutional Republic.......NOT a democracy! Our founder knew democracies never last!

"Iowa Child" by Sarah Hall Manley

Tractor

I went through the threads about chippers. Some say chip green, some say let the stuff dry, some say it is dangerous, some say Jimna is great, some say Wallenstein is great, some say you need an automatic feed, some say you don't.

You know what, screw the chipper, I'll continue burying the stuff.

Platinum Member Heywood Jannockitov's Avatar
    Near Schomberg, Ontario Canada, the equestrian center of the universe
    Tractor
    JD 5425 cab, JD F620, JD XUV 850D, Case 580 SE, IH 484

I just picked up a brand new Wallenstein BX62r with hydraulic feed. $5900.00 Cdn. plus HST tax. Not interested in a cheap chinese piece of junk that breaks the first time I use it.

This one is built by local mennonites in Ontario and looks extremely robust with top notch welds. Amazing considering the people who make them don't have electricity.

Got one in JD green. A flow control valve varies the speed of the feed drums.

BX42r/BX62r Wood Chippers - Wallenstein
    Definition of "Horse": A 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Kubota RTV400ci

I have the same or very similar chipper, mine is a Jinma version. looks virtually identical. I paid a couple hundred more about 5 years ago. Works pretty well. Does the job. I have had to do some repairs such as a belt and an internal shaft for the feeder. They have since improved this design and I used the updated parts. I also have reversed or replaced the blades, not too difficult. Overall very happy. I live in a very heavily wooded area with 5 acres, neighbors also have large wooded parcels. We have made allot of use of it. Definitely better then a home owner version & fairly heavy duty, but I would not rate for constant commercial operation. Documentation that came with mine was not very good and hopefully has improved. Parts are easily accessible. Price is very good and I think you could be very happy. Attached picture is of my wife showing off tractor and chipper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wood Chipper-tractor-046-jpg  
    Tim,

Kubota BX2660
    Kubota RTV400ci

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlatlander View Post
    I have the same or very similar chipper, mine is a Jinma version. looks virtually identical. I paid a couple hundred more about 5 years ago. Works pretty well. Does the job. I have had to do some repairs such as a belt and an internal shaft for the feeder. They have since improved this design and I used the updated parts. I also have reversed or replaced the blades, not too difficult. Overall very happy. I live in a very heavily wooded area with 5 acres, neighbors also have large wooded parcels. We have made allot of use of it. Definitely better then a home owner version & fairly heavy duty, but I would not rate for constant commercial operation. Documentation that came with mine was not very good and hopefully has improved. Parts are easily accessible. Price is very good and I think you could be very happy. Attached picture is of my wife showing off tractor and chipper.
    Wow, that is a big chipper seen on the back of a BX. I was thinking of running a chipper on the back of my L3700, but you think it would be ok on the back of my BX-1850? At 1600 bucks and free shipping and if it performs as you say, I might go ahead and try it. It's just for my property and not commercial work. I don't necessarily want to keep Amish Canadians employed at 5K a pop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast