Wood Chipper

/ Wood Chipper #1  

montelatici

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 and L3560 HSTC LE
Is this an outrageously low price (it includes shipping) for a 6 inch PTO chipper?

/ Wood Chipper
I went through the threads about chippers. Some say chip green, some say let the stuff dry, some say it is dangerous, some say Jimna is great, some say Wallenstein is great, some say you need an automatic feed, some say you don't.

You know what, screw the chipper, I'll continue burying the stuff.

/ Wood Chipper #8  
I just picked up a brand new Wallenstein BX62r with hydraulic feed. $5900.00 Cdn. plus HST tax. Not interested in a cheap chinese piece of junk that breaks the first time I use it.

This one is built by local mennonites in Ontario and looks extremely robust with top notch welds. Amazing considering the people who make them don't have electricity. :D

Got one in JD green. A flow control valve varies the speed of the feed drums.

BX42r/BX62r Wood Chippers - Wallenstein

/ Wood Chipper #9  
I have the same or very similar chipper, mine is a Jinma version. looks virtually identical. I paid a couple hundred more about 5 years ago. Works pretty well. Does the job. I have had to do some repairs such as a belt and an internal shaft for the feeder. They have since improved this design and I used the updated parts. I also have reversed or replaced the blades, not too difficult. Overall very happy. I live in a very heavily wooded area with 5 acres, neighbors also have large wooded parcels. We have made allot of use of it. Definitely better then a home owner version & fairly heavy duty, but I would not rate for constant commercial operation. Documentation that came with mine was not very good and hopefully has improved. Parts are easily accessible. Price is very good and I think you could be very happy. Attached picture is of my wife showing off tractor and chipper.

Attachments

• tractor 046.jpg
    tractor 046.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 2,456
   / Wood Chipper
I have the same or very similar chipper, mine is a Jinma version. looks virtually identical. I paid a couple hundred more about 5 years ago. Works pretty well. Does the job. I have had to do some repairs such as a belt and an internal shaft for the feeder. They have since improved this design and I used the updated parts. I also have reversed or replaced the blades, not too difficult. Overall very happy. I live in a very heavily wooded area with 5 acres, neighbors also have large wooded parcels. We have made allot of use of it. Definitely better then a home owner version & fairly heavy duty, but I would not rate for constant commercial operation. Documentation that came with mine was not very good and hopefully has improved. Parts are easily accessible. Price is very good and I think you could be very happy. Attached picture is of my wife showing off tractor and chipper.

Wow, that is a big chipper seen on the back of a BX. I was thinking of running a chipper on the back of my L3700, but you think it would be ok on the back of my BX-1850? At 1600 bucks and free shipping and if it performs as you say, I might go ahead and try it. It's just for my property and not commercial work. I don't necessarily want to keep Amish Canadians employed at 5K a pop.