3-Point Hitch Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #1  

jchealey

Tractor
Kubota L48
I bought a Woods 1050 backhoe which is very LARGE. It is designed to mount as a 3 point hitch but I have seen this unit tear the top link off a smaller tractor. That is why I got to buy it!
I would like to convert it to hook onto the 4 hard points of the frame. Has anyone seen a kit to do this?
Or if you have a backhoe on this tractor, could you trace the side mounts and take a few pictures for me so I can build a mount?

thanks

jerry
L48

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #2  
There is no kit for what you want to do, but, the 1050 should be
a good match for the L48. I believe the 1050 was intended for
a Cat2 three point hitch. (Once I bought a Prairie Dog 10 1/2, which
is the same as a Woods 1050.)

Anyway, if you fabricate a subframe, half of it is already done.

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #3  
Out of curiosity I went to the Woods website to see what a 1050 was like. I have a Woods BH9000 on a Kubota L3830, which is a great match.

I noticed that they recommend the 1050 for tractors with 50 to 130 HP. It might be a little tough on an L48. Good luck!

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #4  
Out of curiosity I went to the Woods website to see what a 1050 was like. I have a Woods BH9000 on a Kubota L3830, which is a great match.

I noticed that they recommend the 1050 for tractors with 50 to 130 HP. It might be a little tough on an L48. Good luck!

It is weight and stoutness that is important, not hp. The OEM hoe that
comes with the L48 is more substantial and attached better than any
Woods hoe. The BT1100 also digs over 11 feet deep.

I think that hoe attachment manufacturers usually spec tractor hp instead
of weight because hp is promoted and usually known. Though higher
hp tractors are usually heavier and sturdier than lower hp tractors, that
is not always the case. The L48 is a very stout industrial TLB.

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48
I would agree that the mounting parts on the L48 are very sturdy. I may try to take a quick hitch and use it to mount to the tractor and then use the top of the quick hitch to mount to the backhoe. It may work. Then I can decide if it needs more metal to beef it up.

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #6  
I would agree that the mounting parts on the L48 are very sturdy.

I almost bought my 2nd B21, but one with no backhoe. I was going to
make a subframe to attach a non-Kubota hoe to the 4 attachment
points the B21 "mainframe" has. Deal fell thru...

That's what I would do with yours, but hey, I'm into hoes and subframes.

I love the Kubota TLBs....

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #7  
I bought a Woods 1050 backhoe which is very LARGE. It is designed to mount as a 3 point hitch but I have seen this unit tear the top link off a smaller tractor. That is why I got to buy it!
I would like to convert it to hook onto the 4 hard points of the frame. Has anyone seen a kit to do this?
Or if you have a backhoe on this tractor, could you trace the side mounts and take a few pictures for me so I can build a mount?

thanks

jerry
L48

Sounds like a good project, and I wish you success. Please keep us informed.

A couple years ago I bought a 3pt hoe for my first tractor.. not satisfied with the sloppy feel of it I made a solid subframe.. I read everything on here about building one... especially taking close attention to dfkrug's earlier posts on the subframes he built.

Call dealers, find one with a L48 (with the hoe) and get your measurements.. you might get lucky and someone on here may have theirs off and will take pictures and measurements for you.

Don't get excited, this is a picture of my BT900 for my L35.... You won't need a lot of steel, the L48 already has the subframe, you only need to fabricate the 4pt mount plates, and a way to secure the top.

Attachments

• P1010010-4.jpg
    P1010010-4.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1,139
   / Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48
Well, I haven't got this project done, but I have the plan done in my head. I did buy some 7 foot hoses and hooked up the hydralics directly to the tractor. I plan to remove the PTO pump and resovoir from the 1050 backhoe. The bottom hard points on the L48 are made to have a 1.5 inch post rest on them. I was wondering if when the backhoe was in use, the unit will hop off these resting places?

any opinions?

/ Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #9  
The bottom hard points on the L48 are made to have a 1.5 inch post rest on them. I was wondering if when the backhoe was in use, the unit will hop off these resting places?

If you look closely at IRWIN's photo above of the BT900, you can see the
top two mounting points grab the respective fixed pins at the top of your
mainframe. This secures your hoe from rising out of the lower saddle.

All the Kubota TLB hoes mount this way. These BT hoes use this clamping
mechanism to give you a very quick release ability. Since it will not be
easy to duplicate, I would fabricate brackets that use large bolts instead.
That will give you less wiggle, but slower mounting.

Last edited:
   / Woods 1050 on a Kubota L48 #10  
Well, I haven't got this project done, but I have the plan done in my head. I did buy some 7 foot hoses and hooked up the hydralics directly to the tractor. I plan to remove the PTO pump and resovoir from the 1050 backhoe. The bottom hard points on the L48 are made to have a 1.5 inch post rest on them. I was wondering if when the backhoe was in use, the unit will hop off these resting places?

any opinions?

My Bradco 408 has 2 hooks for the pins on the bottom of the hoe and holes at the top of the mounting bracket that line up with the holes on the c chanel on the hoe and uses large pins with handles to conect the top. I know my machine is smaller but I think the same idea would work for you only larger.