M59 Pulls down the trees

/ M59 Pulls down the trees #1  

Bill in VA

Been awhile since I posted anything. August was one of the busiest months I think I ever had and my new M59 sat much of the time.

Finally got back to it this weekend. We had two large dead trees which had to come down. One was a maple and the other was a Virginia pine. I notched them very carefully and then used the M59 to direct them away from the house. The maple was within 20 feet of the kitchen and the pine was actually growing up against a small deck off the kitchens porch.

This whole process worried me and I suspect many of you can realize why. So many things can go haywire. I must have checked the chains a dozen times and judged the trees for two weeks prior. I even attempted to figure the load on the tractor which was a rough estimate at best but helped convince me we could do it.

Anyway the M59 served us well. Both trees fell perfectly and then the M59 made the clean up much easier. Plus I've added substantially to my firewood stash. Best of all, no one (or thing) was hurt.

I've included a few pics and a short mp4 video. I'm not sure the video will work. I zipped it.

Hope everyone has a good labor day!!!!!

Attachments

• Maple 1.jpg
    Maple 1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Maple 2.jpg
    Maple 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Loading.jpg
    Loading.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 361
  • Ready.jpg
    Ready.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 330
   / M59 Pulls down the trees #2  
Sure does look like fun to me!

/ M59 Pulls down the trees #3  
Looks like you just made some more work for yourself :laughing:
At least you`ll be warm this winter :thumbsup:

/ M59 Pulls down the trees #4  
I use my backhoe to lift the wood for cutting. Why bend over or worry about hitting dirt or a rock with your bar. Just simply lift, cut, and let the wood fall into a trailer. Of course that main truck is a little large.

Attachments

• firewood.JPG
    firewood.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 268
   / M59 Pulls down the trees #5  
Good plan w/good equipment sure does make the task heck of lot easier..also safer.

Hope you have woos splitter handy.;)