udt vs sudt, do they mix?

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #1  

poldies4

Silver Member
Tractor
B 2320
Did my 50 hr service yesterday. It went well, but I lost about two quarts +- of hydro fluid. They sold me udt, I assume that is what is in their. I topped it off with the udt, then wondered if they had udt or sudt in it? Does it matter? Maybe my delivery manifest would specify? I'll check, but the million dollar question is does it matter if you mix udt and sudt? I assume that it does, but replacing 3.7 gallons seems wasteful at this point, not great for our mother earth. Thanks for the help..

Also, my resevoir for my radiator is completely dry. Can I buy any 50/50 mix and top it off? Winter is on it's way, don't wan't just water.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #2  
I'd say yes and yes!

You ccould top off with UDT although the super would be better in a cold area.

The 50/50 mix would be fine.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #3  
You want sudt in that BX, trust me. Since you are only topping off, it is a no brainer.

Yes, they mix. But the BX, especially north of the Mason-Dixon, appreciate the sudt. It is a better product, flat out. Check the specs. Hot or cold. The end.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #4  
Poldies4, you put udt in there. It is NOT a problem. That's only 20% of the total. Your manifest won't say.

You won't notice any difference, in all likelihood. But when the time comes for the full replacement, go with the Sudt, even though it is bit more money.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix?
sudt next time for sure. Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to have that cork ready next time too, it's a bit of a shock when the hst screen comes out. I was at best partially prepared. (next time I'll pull the rear wheel first) My hst screen had what appeared to be a scratch, or some line that looked like it could have been a seam? It was a little rough along that line, is this damage, or normal for this part? Thanks again!!

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #6  
Normal.

I do not remove the wheel/tire. Had enough room.

Yeah, you just can't have the cork handy enough. :D Also, always leave the dipstick in place when doing this method. Don't want makeup air rushing in.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix?
Thanks BP, enjoy your Holiday!!

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #8  
Did my 50 hr service yesterday. It went well, but I lost about two quarts +- of hydro fluid. They sold me udt, I assume that is what is in their. I topped it off with the udt, then wondered if they had udt or sudt in it?
1*Does it matter? Maybe my delivery manifest would specify? I'll check, but the million dollar question is does it matter if you mix udt and sudt? I assume that it does, but replacing 3.7 gallons seems wasteful at this point, not great for our mother earth. Thanks for the help..

Also, my resevoir for my radiator is completely dry.
2*Can I buy any 50/50 mix and top it off? Winter is on it's way, don't wan't just water.
1*I would have replaced the udt with Sudt when I changed the filter.
2*No you need an antifreeze formulated especially for diesels.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #9  
sudt next time for sure. Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to have that cork ready next time too, it's a bit of a shock when the hst screen comes out. I was at best partially prepared. (next time I'll pull the rear wheel first) My hst screen had what appeared to be a scratch, or some line that looked like it could have been a seam? It was a little rough along that line, is this damage, or normal for this part? Thanks again!!
No need to pull the wheel.

/ udt vs sudt, do they mix? #10  
I though I read where some people use a vaccuum in the filler tube to suck air in through the drain to keep the fluid from running out. I'm no where near the 50hr mark and the company I work for has almost every size of rubber plugs but thought I might try it to see if it stops the oil from leaking out.