Default L3400 wheel spacers (and/or telescoping bottom arms)?

Hi. I'm trying to hook up a jd #9 mower to the back of my L3400 (with the frame for the loader/backhoe) and with the stupid thing straight the castle nut on the stabilizer bar hits the right rear tire. I can pull it over a little cockeyed and have it not hit the tire but I think it might give me a lot more peace of mind if I can get the tire out of the way another inch or so. Does kubota make a tire spacer for the rear l3400 tires? (I have the r4 tires, the industrial ones)

I was also wondering if they make a extendable bottom link for the l3400 too ? (it might make the frame less of an issue if i can move the whole thing back a couple inches).

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinMich; 09-06-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Tractor
    L3400 HST

Default Re: L3400 wheel spacers (and/or telescoping bottom arms)?

I looked up wheel spacers for my L3400 to fit chains on and once I saw the price of the spacers I decided I didn't need chains. They were like $300 (seriously)!!

If you need to extend your lower arms have you considered a quick attach system? I've not seen extendable arms for the L3400.
    j
    L3400 HST, LA 463 FEL, 6' Woods blade, 65" Woods box blade, 60" Meteor blower, CCM top & side links, 2 extra rear remotes waiting for a use and a big, fuzzy hat

Actually, I hadn't thought about a quick attach system for that. The manual for my brush hog says not to use one with that, but I've been collecting enough other heavy stuff these days (post hole digger, plow, mower) that that sounds like its worth looking into. Thanks!

(And I figured that the silly extensions would be expensive. But my other option is to scrap the mower -and buy a much more expensive haybine- or get the R1 tires - I figure I'm kind of stuck no matter which way I slice it

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

These are pretty cheap, Carter and Sons. quick hitch. Works pretty good, they dont snap in like the Pats, and they sure arent an I-match, but they do work, and saved me a lot of hide, sore body parts, and helped my vocabulary a bunch.
    James K0UA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf0332-jpg  
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Well, I ordered the pat quick attach system (should be here tomorrow), so hopefully that will take care of one of the issues. I struck out askin gmy local kubota dealer about spacers- were the ones you found aftermarket ones? Do you remember where you found them?

Tractor
    L3400 HST

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinMich View Post
    Well, I ordered the pat quick attach system (should be here tomorrow), so hopefully that will take care of one of the issues. I struck out askin gmy local kubota dealer about spacers- were the ones you found aftermarket ones? Do you remember where you found them?
    Sorry, don't remember. I heard the price and the idea instantly went POOF! out of my head like it never happened.
    j
    L3400 HST, LA 463 FEL, 6' Woods blade, 65" Woods box blade, 60" Meteor blower, CCM top & side links, 2 extra rear remotes waiting for a use and a big, fuzzy hat