kubota stereo

/ kubota stereo #1  

seca111

I just bought by kubota this year, and I didn't put a stereo in it.

I'm thinking now that i can probably get a cheaper one off ebay or some discount store and just put it in.

Will it go in easy, or do I have to buy a kubota wiring harness to get it to work?

/ kubota stereo #2  
Mine came pre-wired and I had my dealer put a cheap AM/FM weather radio.

/ kubota stereo #3  
It should "bolt up" pretty easily...That's one of those things I'm always gonna get around to...Let us know how it goes.

Don

/ kubota stereo #4  
I installed an excellent $100 AM/FM/aux-input device from Crutchfield. Easy install. I cut off the Kubota connector and spliced in the radio's connector. Works great!

/ kubota stereo #5  
I installed an excellent $100 AM/FM/aux-input device from Crutchfield. Easy install. I cut off the Kubota connector and spliced in the radio's connector. Works great!

I bought a 200 watt Kenwood and it wired up after cutting off the Kubota plug.
Kubota won't sell a pigtail adaptor for their harness (Come on Kubota!!) If they only charged $250 or so for the stereo, many of us would just go for it. The list on the Kubota stereo is obscene.

I don't know if you have factory installed speakers. I do and they are downright awful (another come on Kubota!!!). I'm going to pull the headliner down and upgrade them.

It is a standard opening, so the stereo fits right in...Make sure you use a rear support...my machine came with one...A little cheesy, but it works ok.

/ kubota stereo #6  
You might want to check how long the wire harness is in your tractor for the radio if your going to put a non-Kubota radio in. I bit the bullet and paid the outrageous price for the Kubota radio for my new L3540 only because the factory harness in my tractor did not pull very far out of the radio opening and I figured if I cut the connector off it would be that much shorter and harder to splice into.

/ kubota stereo #7  
You might want to check how long the wire harness is in your tractor for the radio if your going to put a non-Kubota radio in. I bit the bullet and paid the outrageous price for the Kubota radio for my new L3540 only because the factory harness in my tractor did not pull very far out of the radio opening and I figured if I cut the connector off it would be that much shorter and harder to splice into.

Yup..That's what I ran into. What should have taken 20 minutes, took two hours. 4" of wire would have made all the difference. By design?...Who am I to say?

I was twisted under the dash and needed 8 hands to get to the wires...For something that costs what these things do, we shouldn't have to endure this.

/ kubota stereo #8  
I don't know about your tractor but most tractors with cabs have all the wiring installed at the factory, when they added a stereo to mine all they did was remove the small panel covering the hole and connedted the wires to the radeo/cd player push it in place. I would advise you to take the panel off and see what's in there before buying a Kubota Radeo/Cd ($600) you probably have all the wiring and speakers installed, all you may need is an adapter for the wires, or cut and splice if you think you can do this.

Good luck
God bless
Jim