BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel...

/ BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel... #1  

hevnbnd

Ok, So I finally got to get on the tractor after getting it back from the dealer for about an hour tonight. I had to stop when i saw a trail of fluid behind me... I have a steady stream of fluid coming out of what looks to be a rubber piece behind the rear tire. Anyone seen this before or have any idea if this is an easy fix? Thanks for the advise

/ BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel...
Definitely. It is dark out now and will when I get the tire off in the morning.

Ok pics uploaded to Pictures of the damage Now I can see where all my fluid was coming from. :( Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited:
   / BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel... #5  
You link takes ages . Just post it direct to this thread with
manage-attachments button below the text box please.

/ BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel... #6  
Ok pics uploaded to Pictures of the damage Now I can see where all my fluid was coming from. :( Anyone else have this happen?

It looks like the axle seal has come out. Could be an artifact the pic but there is some damage that makes it look like the seal was removed and reinstalled rather than replaced.

I would expect the dealer to be upset at one of their employees and fix and with apologies.

bxn

After seeing the extent of the issues you faced before you got to this point. This is a pretty complex problem you've had here with the axle. Might be worth the legal action if it doesn't work out maybe one less bad dealer.

Last edited:
   / BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel... #7  
Was it at the dealer for work that would involve the rear axle removal? If so, then yeah, they should have replaced the seal. The damage on the top of the seal (and it looks like the top of the casting might be dinged too) makes it look like something hit/caught the edge of the seal and popped it out..

Where were the chains attached to the tractor during transport to and from the dealership? Did a tie down chain get tightened in this area and do the damage?

/ BX25 Fluid pouring out behind rear wheel... #8  
It never happened to me. Due to all the scuff marks on the axle, it seems like there was something wrapped on axle or hit it before. What were you doing at the time it happened?

Here is what they did before LINKY. I don't remember if they used tie downs or not when the got it. I was digging out a stump when I first noticed the dripping fluid. I am set to take it to a new dealer tomorrow morning. We will see how that goes.

Last edited: