Snubbed because of my Kubota hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #1  

Krewz

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Hi, I'm new to tractors. I've had my BX25 for two months now and have a question.

My wife and I went to a Festival today and along with the usual festival food, period clothing, demonstrations and all, there was a tractor show. Being new into tractors I was very interested at everything I saw. As I walked through the collection of mostly JD and McCormick tractors, I asked some questions of some of the tractor owners.

Well, I was getting the cold shoulder from some of them and a few of them were downright rude and just ignored me. I took a shower today, so I know I didn't smell bad.:D Then I heard a guy say to his friend, "Look at that guy wearing a Kubota hat". I forgot I was wearing my Kubota hat and never gave it a thought when I put it on this morning. It wasn't billed as a John Deere event. I mean it wasn't like I rode my Yamaha motorcycle to a Harley Davidson rally..:laughing:
We go to many of these events and I've never had a problem striking up a conversation with anyone.

My question is, did I insult these guys by wearing my Kubota hat?

I enjoyed the tractors I saw today, but as I recall them in my mind, they seem to be a bit tarnished. :(

Thanks for letting me vent.
Krewz in Pa.

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #2  
i've had my bx25 for about a year. used to wear my hat proudly and never had a problem although i wasn't around other owners of the other brands. goive it few more months and you'll misplace the hat as i have. enjoy your machine. i love mine
steve

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #3  
Could be. This is true John Deere country around here. My neighbor, who is a full time farmer, has 12 John Deere tractors. sometimes I drive my Kubota over to his farm to visit. I always tell him that I won't stay long because if someone sees my Kubota in his driveway it may ruin his standing in the neighborhood. They don't like Kubota tractors around here.

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #4  
Maybe they are jealous? Tell them to "BITE ME"! I don't suffer fools very well.

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #5  
I've ridden my Honda to a Harley rally. :D I know just how you feel! :thumbdown:

Joe

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #6  
I think those tractors are green for a reason...envy !

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #7  
It's what makes the world go 'round I guess. This is serious farm country here and all the big tractor shows are this month. I'm going to a couple. No Kubota's there I am sure. But there are some tasty homemade pies made by John Deere women. May just have to take off my Kubota hat until I get through the pie aisle. This doesn't necessarily make me a bad person.

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #8  
Hi, I'm new to tractors. I've had my BX25 for two months now and have a question.

My wife and I went to a Festival today and along with the usual festival food, period clothing, demonstrations and all, there was a tractor show. Being new into tractors I was very interested at everything I saw. As I walked through the collection of mostly JD and McCormick tractors, I asked some questions of some of the tractor owners.

Well, I was getting the cold shoulder from some of them and a few of them were downright rude and just ignored me. I took a shower today, so I know I didn't smell bad.:D Then I heard a guy say to his friend, "Look at that guy wearing a Kubota hat". I forgot I was wearing my Kubota hat and never gave it a thought when I put it on this morning. It wasn't billed as a John Deere event. I mean it wasn't like I rode my Yamaha motorcycle to a Harley Davidson rally..:laughing:
We go to many of these events and I've never had a problem striking up a conversation with anyone.

My question is, did I insult these guys by wearing my Kubota hat?

I enjoyed the tractors I saw today, but as I recall them in my mind, they seem to be a bit tarnished. :(

Thanks for letting me vent.
Krewz in Pa.

:welcome: to TBN. You should find the tractor crowd here a bit more friendly.:thumbsup:

Heck, we'll even let you wear your hat while you're here.:D

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #9  
Come to Kentucky! I was making a drive to a friends house over 50 miles of rural Kentucky back roads and was simply flabergasted at the number of big orange kubotas. These arn't the little CUT tractors like my L5040 but big tractors with loaders and cabs. Kubota has taken over the haying operations from both Deere and NH here. Some of the farms were grain farms too. However to be honest most of the big rowcrop tractors are still green but the orange is really starting to take over on the mid-sized cattle farms and smaller row crop farms.

/ Snubbed because of my Kubota hat? #10  
I mean it wasn't like I rode my Yamaha motorcycle to a Harley Davidson rally..:laughing:

Oh yeah it was! I've noticed both Harley and John Deere fans are pretty rabid....what cracks me up is the ones with logos all over their stuff and they own neither:confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.