Mowing Blades for BX2200 with 60" MMM and mulching kit.

/ Blades for BX2200 with 60" MMM and mulching kit. #1  

JJLash

Tractor
Kubota - B7610
I have a 2000 BX2200 with a 60" MMM and mulching kit installed. I have both the standard and mulching blades. This spring I decided to put the like new standard blades on while I sharpened/touched the mulching blades. It cut really well all summer and mulched the initial maple leaves that started to fall a bit early here in the Northeast. The only issues was that the MMM with the standard blades and less lift seemed to throw quite a bit of fine leaf mulch out that ened up on the top of the mower deck. No biggie since thats easily taken care of with a leaf blower when done. Today I put the mulching blades back on to cut my front fields and mulch the newly fallen leaves and although the lift of the mulching blades seemed keep them in the mower longer, and I had less mulch blown out and onto the top of the deck, the mulch was not as fine or as consistent as the standard blades. It even seemed to miss more leaves than the standard blades. Both times I mowed at the same RPMs and both sets have excellent like new stock edges with no nicks, dents or bends. Only touchup is ever needed on either sets or blades. It could have been just the day but I'm curious if anyone else has ever encountered this? I've thought about getting a set of Gator blades and this might push me to it. Can anyone give me the part number for the Gator blades (I realize that I need to cat1 sleeve cut for spacers)?

/ Blades for BX2200 with 60" MMM and mulching kit. #2  
This spring I installed the Gator blades on my BX2200 with 60" deck and on my wives JD x324 with the 48" deck. I personally don't recommend them.

What I found was the Gator blades cut as good but no better than the original blades. Unfortunately what I found today was very disappointing. After mowing I went to de-thatch the yard before aerating only to find the de-thatcher standing up un-mowed grass. I had to go over the same areas several times. I've never had this happen to this extent before. There appears the grass isn't being lifted and cut.

The end result is I'm going back to a traditional style blade.

/ Blades for BX2200 with 60" MMM and mulching kit.
Thanks for the reply on the Gator blades. I just ended up leaving the Kubota mulching blades on since they really have good lift and keep the cuttings/leaves under the deck as designed and mow pretty decent. As a few others have put it in older threads, I just have go over a few leave spots again and just get a bit more seat time.