3-Point Hitch Strange noise when using the Three point hitch

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch #1  

Delphicoder

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
First, let me apologize for not being able to articulate this very well. I have a BX-25, and it has been great the past year. The backhoe has really come in handy. Last weekend I purchased a 5ft rear scraper blade for the driveway. I installed the three point hitch after taking the backhoe off, and then proceeded to attach the rear blade. So far, so good. I started to work on the driveway, and was getting the hang of easing the blade up and making fine adjustment. After about 30 - 40 minutes, whenever I would slowly raise the rear blade, the hydraulics would make a load squeaking noise, like a loose belt on a car. If I did not "ease it up", but instead just did it quickly, then no problem. I also noticed that if I gave it more RPMs, no problem. Then it went away, but came back later for a little while longer. The FEL did not make the noise, and I have not put the backhoe back on to see if it makes the noise.

Any idea, or terminology I should be using instead, is greatly appreciated.

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch #2  
My guess is that your 1/4'' valve is not adjusted quite right. My B7800 had an issue that sounds virtually identical - and that was the culprit.
Mike

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch
Wow, that was super quick mike! Thanks!

Is this something I can perform or is it a job for the pros? I was able to perform my 50hour maint, and then some, by myself. However, I have no illusions that I am proficient at any of this :)

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch #4  
I suspect this is something you could do by yourself. It should simply be adjusting the linkage on the actual handle for 1/4'' valve. See if your owners manual shows anything.
Mike

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch
I posted this on another thread, but thought I would post here as well since this is where I originally asked the question:

"I talked to the dealer, and before I could finish explaining it he knew exactly what I was talking about. Pressure relief valve in my case, and it comes from me having the adjustment too tight on the "raise speed", and just barely pulling back on the raise lever. He called it feathering too much will make it squeal. I think he is right at least in my situation because it stops if I don't keep feathering it or being to "baby" with it."

I will try it again this weekend. Thanks for the replies, I always learn so much on these forums.

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch #6  
Mine does the same thing (BX1860) if I "feather" it up. I assumed that was normal and reminds me to engage it better. IF I want it slower or faster I use the adjustment under the seat (is that the pressure relief valve?)

/ Strange noise when using the Three point hitch #7  
Mine does the same thing (BX1860) if I "feather" it up. I assumed that was normal and reminds me to engage it better. IF I want it slower or faster I use the adjustment under the seat (is that the pressure relief valve?)

The squeal you hear can be from the hydraulic valve or the PRV, or both. It is normal and does no damage.

The knob in front of the seat is not a pressure relief valve and it affects only the lowering speed. It has no effect on raising speed. Think of it as a water valve. The farther you open it, the more fluid goes through and the faster the implement (3 point hitch or MMM) drops. There is no hydraulic down pressure, only gravity down. The lowering speed usually needs to be adjusted when implements are changed because heavier items will drop faster then lighter attachments.