Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Default Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem

Hi everyone. Its been some time since I was here, been working to much...with my BX24 Ok this is the problem and solution (at least I think)
    I ordered some things for my 2007 BX24, 4month later it turned up a my yard, (please notice that I live in Sweden and ordered my stuff in US) So far so good.
    I started to assemble the quick hitch worked ok (had to schim the two bearings which holds the shaft for the snowblower....) looked in the instruction for the quick hitch and realized that there are two diffrent shafts that fits throu the bearings, one kit is called bx2753 (long shaft) and bx2752 (short shaft),one is 8 3/8 and the other is 5". Then I found out that "prop-shaft" from the pto under my BX24 was to short... So I went to a mecanic shop to get help to lengthen the "prop-shaft" and get it balanaced.

As it would be to complicated/expensive to return this kit to US and get the right one I disided to solve the problem as above.
    Anyone has experince of mounting a quick-hitch with pto for the frontmounted snowblower bx2750?
    Thanks for help!
    2 Kubotas, one BX24 and one M7040

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Default Re: Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem

I have a BX24 with the quick hitch and blower. What would you like to know
    08 BX24 FEL, BH, 6l0" MMM, Kubota PTO Bagger, BX2750D snow blower with quick hitch

Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Hi, What prop-shaft kit did you get together with the snowblower? Bx2752 or Bx2753?
    Thanks,

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Thats a question That I can not answer from my setup. I purchased mine off of craigslist. Everything was there. Prop shaft, quickhitch and blower. All I had to do was install on hose. But according to my whole goods cat it is bx2753. What blower do you have BX2750X Is it an A B C or D. Because if its an A or B you need a retrofit kit. Send me your email and I will email you the wholegoods cat.
    08 BX24 FEL, BH, 6l0" MMM, Kubota PTO Bagger, BX2750D snow blower with quick hitch

Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Hi Keyman. Thanks for help. I do have the BX2750D blower, and I got Bx2752 fitting kit, which is wrong I should have got bx2753as you did. I just returned from the garage fitting switches and the two electric engines for the blower (where to blow the snow...) I did some modification first the provided switches where crap,I replaced them with quality switches and I did deside to go for one big contact instead of those two tiny contacts located on the electric engines, for the moment I dont have any pic on the big contact. Will get back the coming days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imgp0768-jpg   -imgp0769-jpg   -imgp0770-jpg   -imgp0771-jpg   -imgp0780-jpg  

-imgp0783-jpg   -imgp0785-jpg  

Tractor
    GL5240

Quote Originally Posted by samofsweden View Post
    . . .
    I just returned from the garage fitting switches and the two electric engines for the blower (where to blow the snow...) I did some modification first the provided switches where crap,I replaced them with quality switches
    . . .
    Hi SamofSweden,

I had the same electrical setup as you have for my BX23. I also replaced the crappy kubota switches. I had trouble with the electric motor that controls the chute elevation, and the unit finally failed entirely. I think it is not designed to accept being wet. You might want to look into sealing it if that's practical. I think the end-of-travel switches in the linear actuator were what failed.

For this winter, have a cabbed GL with a new blower, which will be 100% hydraulic. I can hardly wait for snow!

Tractor
    Kubota Bx24, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bitseeker View Post
    Hi SamofSweden,

I had the same electrical setup as you have for my BX23. I also replaced the crappy kubota switches. I had trouble with the electric motor that controls the chute elevation, and the unit finally failed entirely. I think it is not designed to accept being wet. You might want to look into sealing it if that's practical. I think the end-of-travel switches in the linear actuator were what failed.

For this winter, have a cabbed GL with a new blower, which will be 100% hydraulic. I can hardly wait for snow!
    Hi, the same thought have passed my mind regarding the electric motors and wet conditions. I will try to cover them as much as possible. I cant understand why kubota uses such solutions
    Good luck with your hydralic snowblower sounds great!