Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem

/ Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem #1  

samofsweden

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx24, 2007
Hi everyone. Its been some time since I was here, been working to much...with my BX24;) Ok this is the problem and solution (at least I think)
I ordered some things for my 2007 BX24, 4month later it turned up a my yard, (please notice that I live in Sweden and ordered my stuff in US) So far so good.
I started to assemble the quick hitch worked ok (had to schim the two bearings which holds the shaft for the snowblower....:mad:) looked in the instruction for the quick hitch and realized that there are two diffrent shafts that fits throu the bearings, one kit is called bx2753 (long shaft) and bx2752 (short shaft),one is 8 3/8 and the other is 5". Then I found out that "prop-shaft" from the pto under my BX24 was to short...:mad: So I went to a mecanic shop to get help to lengthen the "prop-shaft" and get it balanaced.

As it would be to complicated/expensive to return this kit to US and get the right one I disided to solve the problem as above.
Anyone has experince of mounting a quick-hitch with pto for the frontmounted snowblower bx2750?
Thanks for help!

/ Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem #2  
I have a BX24 with the quick hitch and blower. What would you like to know

/ Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem
Hi, What prop-shaft kit did you get together with the snowblower? Bx2752 or Bx2753?
Thanks,

/ Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem #4  
Thats a question That I can not answer from my setup. I purchased mine off of craigslist. Everything was there. Prop shaft, quickhitch and blower. All I had to do was install on hose. But according to my whole goods cat it is bx2753. What blower do you have BX2750X Is it an A B C or D. Because if its an A or B you need a retrofit kit. Send me your email and I will email you the wholegoods cat.

Hi Keyman. Thanks for help. I do have the BX2750D blower, and I got Bx2752 fitting kit, which is wrong I should have got bx2753as you did. I just returned from the garage fitting switches and the two electric engines for the blower (where to blow the snow...) I did some modification first the provided switches where crap,I replaced them with quality switches and I did deside to go for one big contact instead of those two tiny contacts located on the electric engines, for the moment I dont have any pic on the big contact. Will get back the coming days.

Attachments

• IMGP0768.jpg
    IMGP0768.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 476
  • IMGP0769.jpg
    IMGP0769.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMGP0770.jpg
    IMGP0770.jpg
    857.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMGP0771.jpg
    IMGP0771.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 206
  • IMGP0780.jpg
    IMGP0780.jpg
    784.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMGP0783.jpg
    IMGP0783.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMGP0785.jpg
    IMGP0785.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 384
   / Snowblower Bx2750 and Bx24 problem #6  
. . .
I just returned from the garage fitting switches and the two electric engines for the blower (where to blow the snow...) I did some modification first the provided switches where crap,I replaced them with quality switches
. . .
Hi SamofSweden,

I had the same electrical setup as you have for my BX23. I also replaced the crappy Kubota switches. I had trouble with the electric motor that controls the chute elevation, and the unit finally failed entirely. I think it is not designed to accept being wet. You might want to look into sealing it if that's practical. I think the end-of-travel switches in the linear actuator were what failed.

For this winter, have a cabbed GL with a new blower, which will be 100% hydraulic. I can hardly wait for snow!

Hi SamofSweden,

I had the same electrical setup as you have for my BX23. I also replaced the crappy Kubota switches. I had trouble with the electric motor that controls the chute elevation, and the unit finally failed entirely. I think it is not designed to accept being wet. You might want to look into sealing it if that's practical. I think the end-of-travel switches in the linear actuator were what failed.

For this winter, have a cabbed GL with a new blower, which will be 100% hydraulic. I can hardly wait for snow!
Hi, the same thought have passed my mind regarding the electric motors and wet conditions. I will try to cover them as much as possible. I cant understand why kubota uses such solutions:confused:
Good luck with your hydralic snowblower sounds great!