Mowing How powerful is a Kubota B2410?

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #1  

georgia jeff

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST with loader
I have been learning alot by reading the forum. I really appreciate the knowledge that you guys have and would appreciate your opinion on how powerful the Kubota B2410 tractor is. I mainly want it to mow (bush hog)between pine trees in the 3 acres behind my house and harrow food plots for deer. I would also use the FEL to move dirt and move burn piles.

My family owns a FarmTrac 435 which is a 35 HP tractor with a larger frame and heavier weight. It easily pulls a 4 ft harrow and a 4 ft. bush hog. Would the B2410 be able to do the same thing even though it is much smaller frame wise and HP wise?

I would be mowing waist high grass and light brush. When harrowing up food plots I mow them first, then spray weed killer and then harrow up about a month later. That way I am not having to mow through a canopy of live grass.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #2  
At 60% the weight and horsepower, you should expect 60% the performance.
Kubota's are great tractors, but I think you already know the answer to your question if it can match your present machine.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #3  
4' implements are definitely within the size range for a B2410, I think it would work fine for what you describe. In really tall grass/weeds you might have to slow down a good bit when bush hogging, but a 4' bush hog is as narrow as you can get and still cover your tracks. A 4' disc harrow would be well matched to a B2410 as well.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #5  
I have a B2710, a few more horsepower than the B2410. I'd say you could pull a 4' bushog through anything. I have a 5' on mine, and I also pull a 5' trail mower off to the side, so I'm mowing 10' and it will go through anything.

Not sure how aggressive your harrow is, if it's spiked tooth set all the way down and you have turf tires, you might not have the traction. But if it's a relatively light harrow and you've got lugged tires, I think it would work fine. I think you're underusing the tractor you've got by about 50%, so buying one half that size should make it just about perfect.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410?
the harrow isn't real aggressive plus it is adjustable. The FarmTrack has power to spare so I was hoping the Kubota could handle the load. I will not be using it to bush hog super thick brush, just tall grash and 1/2 diameter brush. My food plots are usually only about 1/2 acre.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410?
My local Kubota dealer took in on trade a 2001 B2410 with FEL. It has 210 hours on it and appears to be in pretty good shape other than a busted head light cover, etc. They want $8500 is this a good price.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #8  
That appears to be a very fair price. I'd do two things. First, I'd make him budge off the price to $8000 even. Sure cannot hurt to try!

Second, I'd have him give you a box with the 5 filters that tractor takes, off his parts shelf. Then, if all else checks out, deal.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #9  
I have a B2710, a few more horsepower than the B2410. I'd say you could pull a 4' bushog through anything. I have a 5' on mine, and I also pull a 5' trail mower off to the side, so I'm mowing 10' and it will go through anything.

I'd like to see a pic of this.

/ How powerful is a Kubota B2410? #10  
Son's B2410 w/FEL & MMM handles a 4' box, 4' BH just fine. When he bought his in 2002 he first ordered a 5' BB which proved to be too much for the 24 hp tractor w/turf tires.

My guess is that you'll find the B2410 quite capable of handling just about any 4' implement. Price for a 210 hr use machine sounds good if the overall condition of the tractor is good. I like bp flick's negotiating skills there, though!