To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #1  

Kyle241

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Just wanted to ask anyone out there that has a B26 and how it performs. I currently have a '95 B20 with approx. 1400hrs and it has been an awesome machine. I have been considering whether it makes sense based on the age/hrs that I trade in for a new or fairly new B26. Is there any major differences mechanically with the two other than the additional horsepower? I use my machine for:

- snow removal for the driveway (400ft), bush hogging fields 3-4 acres, removing hardwood trees for firewood, making trails through the property, tree planting and possibly some field plowing (when I get attachments).

Of course I like the new fancy paint job, that goes without saying. Just trying to determine if it makes sense to spend the money or just hold on to it and keep my trusty B20 for the foreseeable future.

Tks.

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #2  
Kyle,

I had a BX2200. I traded for B2620.. More Power on the loader and 3 PT.

I have the belly mower that cuts good just like the rest of them but the tractor tends to rip out the sod when going around a tree. Even in 2 wheel drive. Have had to live with it.

Other than that, I am happy as a clam.

Tom

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #3  
- snow removal for the driveway (400ft), bush hogging fields 3-4 acres, removing hardwood trees for firewood, making trails through the property, tree planting and possibly some field plowing (when I get attachments).
Tks.

i have a B2620, it takes care of the 1/4 mile driveway with a blade or the box scraper when it needs it, i have 20 acres mostly woods and it work great for making trails,moving down trees, if it is wet out i have pushed over cedar trees, the biggest so far was around 10"-12" thick and about 30-35ft tall,then picked it up and moved it away, but it has to be wet out.i also keep about 4 acres bush hogged. i like it in woods not real big but yet big enough to do the job down.it has never let me down. i have never plowed with it but i'm sure it could, for cutting the yard i use the BX which is a great mower

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #4  
Just wanted to ask anyone out there that has a B26 and how it performs. I currently have a '95 B20 with approx. 1400hrs and it has been an awesome machine. I have been considering whether it makes sense based on the age/hrs that I trade in for a new or fairly new B26. Is there any major differences mechanically with the two other than the additional horsepower? I use my machine for:

Of course I like the new fancy paint job, that goes without saying. Just trying to determine if it makes sense to spend the money or just hold on to it and keep my trusty B20 for the foreseeable future.

Tks.

I've had my B26 about 5 months now and LOVE it!!!! I take the backhoe off and reattach it probably monthly. This is an incredible little machine. It's only snowed about 4 or 5 times (each time with less than 3 inches of accumulation) in the last 30 or so years here in South Louisiana so I can't talk about snow removal. But this machine will dig/push/pull and work like no tomorrow. As far as upgrading, I've heard equally awesome reviews on the B20 so I can't really recommend that. The thumb is a God send. I have about 6 acres of 15yr old over grow fence line and was able to completely handle everything in the piles I made with a rented Dozer.:thumbsup:

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #5  
I am not familiar with the B20 but I puchased a new B21 in 2003 and put about 1800 hours on it until I traded for a B26 in Oct. 2009. I had been drooling over the B26 since I first saw one in 2007 but did not think there would be that much difference but boy was I wrong.

From a tractor perspective, I don't really see the benefit of the additional 5 hp but man I love that new seat for those days when you are on it for 10 - 12 hours. The new loader control setup is much nicer with the armrest also.

The loader is significantly more powerful. On the B21 if I filled the bucket with soil and rocks, it would have trouble lifting the heaped bucket over the second 2x12 rack on my dumping trailer. The B26 will lift its larger, full heaping bucket over the third 2x12 rack and all the way to the stops with no problem.

The backhoe is where I really notice the added power. The digging reach has been improved slightly but the additional power is just a delight to have. In addition the "inching valves" make it much easier to be really smooth with the swing especially. Even after 1800 hours with the B21 I had to be really careful when swinging if I was doing a second function and then stopped. With the B26 you have the power in the hoe to move the machine around just like the big guys do. You have to disable the safety seat switches to use the HST to move the machine while facing the hoe but with the B26 hoe you can lift the back end up and push forward or move the back end left or right.

The other nice thing about the B26 hoe is the quick attach feature for the buckets. With the B21 you have to get out the wrenches, remove the bolts, drive out the pins, line up the new bucket, insert the pins, line up the holes for the bolts and install them and then regrease the pins. Instead of this 30 - 45 minute procedure you switch buckets in 3 - 5 minutes with the B26.

In summary I spent two and a half years trying to trying to convince myself to get the B26 and I just wish I had done it sooner. I am sure you will love the B26 if you try it for a day. I purchased mine with 180 hours on it and except for a stabilizer hose that blew by the valve manifold I have had no problems in 150 hours.

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #6  
Kyle,
I bought my B26 October of 2007 new,so i've had it 3 yrs.I cant compare it to the tractor you have cause i've never ran a B20.
I used to have a B7610 with FEL and a Woods BH.It worked good but i was afraid i'd break it because of the heavy use of both the FEL and the BH.Anyway,i dont think i have to worry about that with the B26 as it is really reinforced for heavy use.So far i've had no problems with it,and i have put it thru its paces many times,hope my luck holds out.Anyway....the B26 really seems to be a well designed machine and i would recommend one to anybody who has use for such a machine..........Digger2

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #7  
The two things that would influence me are the Quick Attach loader bucket. Being able to switch to a set of forks really improves versatility. The other big change is the additional PTO hp that would let you run a 5' rotary mower.

MarkV

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #8  

Tks.

How much is it going to cost? I know the Kubota's tend to hold their value....

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26
How much is it going to cost? I know the Kubota's tend to hold their value....

My local dealer is quoting $39,000 Cdn but that is retail. As he stated, it is negotiable. I have found a few used B26's from $29,000-34,000 Cdn but that would meaning selling my B20 myself. The trade-in would be around $8-10,000 so I am looking at a lot of $$$ no matter what. I do prefer though to spend money on my tractor than a fancy car as like you say, Kubota's hold their value and I have so much more fun on my tractor than I do my car.

/ To Trade In or Not? B20 -B26 #10  
For that kind of money why don't you consider an L3400 with loader and hoe? Ibought mine in the fall of 08 for $28,000. It is much more of a tractor than any B26 more size weight and power. My Bradco 8' hoe is very strong and easy and quick to take off 5min.