Mowing RCK60B-22BX

/ RCK60B-22BX #1  

Scrounger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
Looking at a mulch kit finally. I thought the blades came with it but the dealer says no. I have gator blades on right now, are they all considered a mulching blade. Dont feel like spending $60 on 3 Kubota mulching blades.

/ RCK60B-22BX #2  
Hi Matt, Long time no hear.

Don't know about the Gator blades, but I've had the mulch kit and Kubota mulching blades on the BX2200 for 10 years. I sharpen them myself every year and they have been great. I don't see that I will need to replace them in my lifetime, so I think they were a good investment. You can't have the grass too wet and you can't let it grow too tall, or you will get windrowing and thatch. If you cut when dry and don't allow it to get too tall, however, the blades will cut everything into small pieces which will decompose, return nutrients to the soil, and (for me at least) eliminate the need to fertilize.

If I were you, I'd try the gator blades first and see how they work. If they do fine, you can save the $$. If you need to, you can order the mulch blades later.

/ RCK60B-22BX
Thanks Tom, good advice. I think I will do the mulch kit and hold off on the Kubota mulcher blade for now. Hopefully the Gator Blades will do the job.

/ RCK60B-22BX #4  
Thanks Tom, good advice. I think I will do the mulch kit and hold off on the Kubota mulcher blade for now. Hopefully the Gator Blades will do the job.

I see you still haven't sent Junkman his dog back :D Tee Hee Hee.

I miss that salty old dude.

/ RCK60B-22BX
We have two of them now. We added a HUGE male rescue dog from NC two weeks ago. He's my big time buddy now.