Traded old 3650 on used L3940 HSTC

/ Traded old 3650 on used L3940 HSTC #1  

GarthH

Silver Member
My 1990's 3650 spun a bearing - it sounds like the old pump was weak and on side hills did not get enough oil to the #1 crank bearing. The dealer quoted over $14K to fix it.

They had a used 3940 with about 600 hrs. After some talking got them down to around $25K difference.

I wondered if the HST would be useful. Spent a couple hours cutting grass - what an amazing feature. I feel like the critters in the zoo, the standard on the 3650 seemed great but now I've been able to see the light.

I was worried about the snow season. We've had 3x's the normal rainfall this year - what at mess but my biggest worry was snow blowing without a cab. If we got snow like the rain - seemed like 3 times a week and some of the rainfalls were 3 1/2 inches - this might be once every few years in our area.

The 3 pth is much better also. It was hard to get anything tight on the 3650. The 3940 was perfect making mowing way easier.

The 3940 came with a mid-mount PTO, Hydraulic outlet on the loader and the quick attach on the loader. I can see some good value to forks but surprise the load capacity is just a 1,000 lbs. Hopefully I can work on a trade for a front mounted snow blower.

Anyway have read many posts which help make my decision to stay with Kubota. Thought about Bobcat and Case but I think I will be happy with the decision.

Garth

/ Traded old 3650 on used L3940 HSTC #2  
Your admiration of the HST is going to get better every time you turn the key:thumbsup: Congrats!

/ Traded old 3650 on used L3940 HSTC #3  
Where are the pics of your new tractor!? Philip.

Attachments

• COVERPIC01.jpg
    COVERPIC01.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 110
   / Traded old 3650 on used L3940 HSTC #4  
Congratulations, the L3940 is a really nice tractor; can't beat the HST.