Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #1  

flowerfarmer

Tractor
Kubota B3300HSD
The PTO selector lever does not shift into mid position. In the rear and mid+rear positions it seems to hang up between indents - not much of a problem when operating in the mid+rear mode but in the rear positon the rear PTO doesn't seem to engage fully while the mid PTO doesn't seem to disengage fully. It seems as if the lever needs to travel back further but is prevented from doing so. Is this a linkage adjustment issue? Thanks for your help!

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #2  
Is the 3030 still under warranty? Why I ask is on my b3030 tractor I had trouble getting it into low range, it too was hanging up between indents. Since it was under warranty a service mechanic came out, removed the left rear tire and proceeded to diagnose the problem. After a few minutes of using a small sledge hammer he apparently got things lined up, yikes!!! Been fine ever since. I tried to fix it myself but there is so much linkage in that area I figured I'd let them do the repair. You might want to remove the tire and have someone move the lever while you look underneath to see where it is hanging up. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good Luck!!!

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #3  
The PTO selector lever does not shift into mid position. In the rear and mid+rear positions it seems to hang up between indents - not much of a problem when operating in the mid+rear mode but in the rear positon the rear PTO doesn't seem to engage fully while the mid PTO doesn't seem to disengage fully. It seems as if the lever needs to travel back further but is prevented from doing so. Is this a linkage adjustment issue? Thanks for your help!

I'd check for any debris jambing up the linkage, then try lubricating the linkage. That cured mine when it did the same thing.

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue
Thanks for the help, guys. Unit is not under warranty. Wow, a sledge hammer huh?
Earl, I checked for debris, found none. What lubricant did you use?

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #5  
Thanks for the help, guys. Unit is not under warranty. Wow, a sledge hammer huh?
Earl, I checked for debris, found none. What lubricant did you use?

I got some white lithium grease in an aerosol can & used that. I don't remember the brand name.

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #6  
Sounds like the linkage needs adjustment. :thumbsup:

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #7  
Sounds like the linkage needs adjustment. :thumbsup:

Yes, if cleaning & lubricating don't work then it's time to check adjustments.

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue
Thanks, I figured as much. I looked at the linkage and could not see how it might be adjusted. Is this a do-it yourself job? Anyone with any pointers?

/ Help! b3030 PTO shift lever issue #9  
Thanks, I figured as much. I looked at the linkage and could not see how it might be adjusted. Is this a do-it yourself job? Anyone with any pointers?

Having similar issue on my 3030. I'm stuck in the front PTO position. I verified there was no debris. How do you adjust the selector? I couldn't find anything in the manual describing this adjustment.

Thanks!