B21 Heavy Duty FEL Bucket (Anyone selling a FEL bucket?)

/ B21 Heavy Duty FEL Bucket (Anyone selling a FEL bucket?) #1  

BruceWard

Platinum Member
Can anyone tell me more about B21 buckets? The parts manual lists a 56 and 56R bucket. Mine has a 48" bucket that is having some structural issues. I am considering replacing the bucket before I continue to invest in this bucket.

I have seen sales literature that mentions a heavy duty buck option for the B21. Can you tell me anything about it?

Does anyone want to sell a 48" to 60" bucket that would fit my B21?

Thanks

/ B21 Heavy Duty FEL Bucket (Anyone selling a FEL bucket?) #2  
What is the issue with yours? If you do not have welding experience, have you taken it to a welding shop to see what can be done?

You'd be surprised how much can be done to repair metal. That's why I much prefer working with metal over wood.

/ B21 Heavy Duty FEL Bucket (Anyone selling a FEL bucket?) #3  
As stated, go looking for a welding shop.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

On my Kubota B7100 the bucket was almost wore thru on the bottom and the cutting edge was also wore out. A new much heavier cutting edge, on the bottom and on the leading bucket edges combined with new plating and skid strips on the bottom regenerated it into a better than new Bucket.

/ B21 Heavy Duty FEL Bucket (Anyone selling a FEL bucket?)
I will take some pictures when I pick it up this evening or tomorrow. The current problem with the bucket is that the outer (outside the bucket) skin is breaking loose at the rear bottom edge. I believe this is happening due to putting too much stress on the bucket breaking loose and loading shale.

Last week both of the sides of the rear bottom edge had come loose and were welded back by an uncle who is a retired welder. His welds held which covered about 1/2 of the width of the bucket have held but now the middle has split.

The outer skin in that area is thin. It may be thinner than normal due to backdragging material. The next step will likely be to weld the torn seam then add a piece of angle iron to cover and support the area. This will also create a new surface for back dragging.

/ B21 Heavy Duty FEL Bucket (Anyone selling a FEL bucket?) #5  
What you describe sounds repairable. Sometimes adding reinforcing metal is needed but like I said, metal can almost always be repaired. Now if you have really worn down the bottom of the bucket it might be better to cut the old away and replace that part. Your retired welder uncle should be able to make that call.

Good luck with it.