Grading B7500, PC and a box blade

/ B7500, PC and a box blade #1  

gusg

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 with R4s
I just used my 48" box blade for the first time. Graded the driveway fine but it took a lot of practice. I do have a question about position control. I would put the blade all the way down to smooth but I'm not sure if it was just floating or not. Does the 3PH work like the loader? All the way down is float and at the other positions it is fixed at that spot? The 3PH control lever will stay down at the bottom when the blade is all the way down but will spring back at other positions. Is this the way it is supposed to work? My little Ford didnt work this way. I believe it had PC. As you can tell I have not used a 3PH that much before. Thanks.

/ B7500, PC and a box blade #2  
Most 3ph's are in the float position when lowered below their top position. Try lowering your 3ph around 1 foot. Now use your hand to lift up on the 3ph, (it should pull right up). The same goes when you have a implement attached.
I learned this from another TBN member awhile back. This is a great sight.

B7500hst, 6' rear blade, mmm

/ B7500, PC and a box blade #3  
It is always in "float". The 7500 does not have PC but even with PC the 3-point is always in float. The PC helps to maintain the depth of the cut with the boxblade. While very useful it is not an absolute need. With the non-PC type the lever will spring back, with the PC type the lever remains where you leave it and can be locked at that position with a sliding lock screw that allows you to lift the 3-point for manuvering and then return it to the desired position repeatedly. I like it, I am happy I have it. J

/ B7500, PC and a box blade #4  
I don't have any ground level enough to leave my hand off the lever. I'm always adjusting as the front wheels drop etc. PC would get the boxblade close to where it has to be, but I am pretty good after some practise with my 7500.