B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade .

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #1  

thetooth

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota b7500 , Kubota Bx1850
I have 2 prices on a 5 foot and 6 foot rear blade ( woods ) the 6 footer is $125.00 more then the 5 . Which one would be better suited for light snow removal and light grading Thanks

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #2  
The B7500 is a pretty light machine and I think a 6' blade might be too much for it...for the grading.
The 6' blade would be fine for snow removal...but you'll want to start early.

So, all said and done, the 5' blade would be the better match.

Last edited:
   / B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade .
Thank Roy . That's what I was hoping to hear 1 foot longer for another $125.00 is $10.42 a inch :shocked: .

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #4  
I had a b7500, and a 5 foot rear blade, that is about all it could handle, any more and it would start moving the tractor too much sideways. even the 5 foot would slip it sideways some. if you had a real heavy wet snow.
James K0UA

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #5  
I have 2 prices on a 5 foot and 6 foot rear blade ( woods ) the 6 footer is $125.00 more then the 5 . Which one would be better suited for light snow removal and light grading Thanks

For light snow removal and light grading I would get a different brand of blade and go with a 6' ( Wallace - Auto Parts & Services, Inc. ). I got my 6' for $130 from Rural King about 6 years ago and it is holding up just fine. It does not have a replaceable edge, but it is no where needing replaced. If it ever does, it will easy to just drill some holes and mount a new one. I have a steep drive and will plow snow even if it is only 3/4" to 1" deep. I also used it to do a lot of grading when I built my house. I thought the B7500 was similar in size to my old B7200 and new B2620. I have only had the blade pull the rear end sideways when I get 6-8" of snow. I like the 6' because when I angle it, it sticks out past my tires and lets me push the snow farther off to the side and lets me get closer to objects when grading (little more manuevring room with tractor). I am glad I went with a 6' instead of a 5', at least for the way I use it.

Good Luck ! :)

Thanks both for your input . I looked at a less expensive blade from TSC but I would like the tilt feature and have only found that available from Landpride and Woods .

thanks

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #7  
Haven't plowed yet with my new B2320, but I kept my new 5' that I used on the BX. I expect it to be just fine. Saw no need to start over on implements.

For the price, the KK-CountyLine-TarterGate blade from TSC is just fine for my uses.

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #8  
I have had two 6' rear blades for my B7500. Both were for snow removal from my asphalt driveway. The first was a WorkSaver from TSC. I had trouble with the WorkSaver riding up on packed snow (may of been operator inexperience). My current blade is a Woods RB72 with mushroom style skid shoes. I bought the Woods for the extra weight and the tilt feature. I believe the extra weight has helped considerably in scrapping packed snow. I haven't really had to use the tilt feature yet, so I can't comment on it. The 6' blade allows me to angle the blade while still covering my rear wheels. My preferred method of operation is to pull the blade while traveling in the forward direction. I can definitely stop the tractor's forward progress with enough snow (turf tires, no chains). The skid shoes do a pretty good job of protecting my lawn.

Just bumping this thread to see if any one had last minute comments . I am going to the dealer on Friday to check out both blades and make my decision .

Thanks for your help

/ B7500 5 or 6 foot rear blade . #10  
We have a 6' woods that we use behind our B7500 it is ok for snow as long as there isnt a lot of it, or you have the blade at a sharp angle.
For grading, it is too big.

Aaron Z