BX2360 Ballast box question

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #11  
Sounds odd to me. On another thread, a fella with B7800 had this B5320 Box.

So, if you just bought your BX in spring, either someone messed up in delivery or the salesman was trying to pawn off an older box from a different model unto you. Gosh, I hope it isn't the latter.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #12  
Dummy here - If I pull my tractor onto a level area I should be able to lower the ballast box to the ground?? I assumed I had to build something to keep it on but that would make it way more convenient - I really haven't used it in the last 4 months because I don't think mine does that either - Will have to double check in the morning. I do have angle iron welded to the bottom of mine but not enought ot reach the ground I don't think.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #14  
Dummy here - If I pull my tractor onto a level area I should be able to lower the ballast box to the ground?? I assumed I had to build something to keep it on but that would make it way more convenient - I really haven't used it in the last 4 months because I don't think mine does that either - Will have to double check in the morning. I do have angle iron welded to the bottom of mine but not enought ot reach the ground I don't think.

My B8160 lowers to the ground.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question
I am sure the dealer will make it right but yes the first pic is the one I have which is very different from the one I should have in the second pic

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #16  
The 3PTH should still go all the way down should it not?? So even with the wrong box something sounds still amiss with his tractor. But then again I have never hooked anything up to my 3PTH so if I am wrong the someone please tell me

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #17  
The 3PTH should still go all the way down should it not?? So even with the wrong box something sounds still amiss with his tractor. But then again I have never hooked anything up to my 3PTH so if I am wrong the someone please tell me

It all depends on pin location. There have been several people who have run into the same situation with implements including box blades. Some simply drilled holes and moved the pin location.

I am not saying there is not an issue with the tractor, just that this is not an unusual situation. I believe ChuckinNH posted something on adjusting the 3-point.