BX2360 Ballast box question

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #1  

newdeal

Silver Member
I bought a BX2360 in the spring, I got a ballast box with it which I haven't used because I used my box scraper as ballast. I decided I wanted to use the box as its less bulky and I hooked it up to the tractor, only problem is that I don't think its the correct one for the tractor. The model number on the box is B5320 and the issue I have with it is the three point hitch won't lower far enough to drop it on the ground...at its lowest position its like 6" above ground level and now its empty but when I have concrete in it that will be a huge issue. Is this just how ballast boxes are or did they give me the wrong one?

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #3  
I bought a BX2360 in the spring, I got a ballast box with it which I haven't used because I used my box scraper as ballast. I decided I wanted to use the box as its less bulky and I hooked it up to the tractor, only problem is that I don't think its the correct one for the tractor. The model number on the box is B5320 and the issue I have with it is the three point hitch won't lower far enough to drop it on the ground...at its lowest position its like 6" above ground level and now its empty but when I have concrete in it that will be a huge issue. Is this just how ballast boxes are or did they give me the wrong one?

I have a Kubota B8160 ballast box. It has a sticker on it that says "ADD 300 POUNDS FOR BX TRACTORS AND 500 POUNDS FOR B TRACTORS". I'm not sure what size a B5320 box is. Kubota website has not much info on ballast boxes. Something your dealer may have to help you research.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #4  
Is this just how ballast boxes are or did they give me the wrong one?

They should lower to the ground.
Now, two questions...does your rockshaft (3PH) lever have position control or a movable stop? If so, is it set to allow full down travel of the 3PH?

If your 3PH is traveling full down, your question about the ballast box should be directed to your dealer since he's the one who will replace that box if it is, in fact, the wrong one.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #5  
Roy is correct. It should lower to the ground. Mine has angle iron stands welded on the bottom that it sits on when I take it off.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question
its aBX2360 so it doesn't have position control, it just has a level and when you hold it down it will drop the 3pt hitch until it eventually stops at the bottom...but the bottom is too high for the box to sit. I e-mailed the dealer hopefully they will either replace it with the correct one or even better give me some wheel weights instead and I will just go back to using the box blade

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #7  
You could lower it onto a dolly so then you could roll it around...but something does not sound correct.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question
I was just looking at the original cabs for this tractor and they show the correct ballast box in the picture...it is not like mine so obviously I got the wrong one

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #9  
I was just looking at the original cabs for this tractor and they show the correct ballast box in the picture...it is not like mine so obviously I got the wrong one

Yeah...I think it's for a BX series or a lawn/garden tractor.

/ BX2360 Ballast box question #10  
From the wholegoods list, BX2360 takes B8160 ballast box.

Attachments

• bx2360 ballast.JPG
    bx2360 ballast.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • ballast note.JPG
    ballast note.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 205