Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member

Default BX2360 Ballast box question

I bought a BX2360 in the spring, I got a ballast box with it which I haven't used because I used my box scraper as ballast. I decided I wanted to use the box as its less bulky and I hooked it up to the tractor, only problem is that I don't think its the correct one for the tractor. The model number on the box is B5320 and the issue I have with it is the three point hitch won't lower far enough to drop it on the ground...at its lowest position its like 6" above ground level and now its empty but when I have concrete in it that will be a huge issue. Is this just how ballast boxes are or did they give me the wrong one?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: BX2360 Ballast box question

You might want to check with whistlepig as he has a bb http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...s-ballast.html
    rjkobbeman also has one and there is an open thread on ballast boxes etc. good luck, I don't have one.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Quote Originally Posted by newdeal View Post
    I bought a BX2360 in the spring, I got a ballast box with it which I haven't used because I used my box scraper as ballast. I decided I wanted to use the box as its less bulky and I hooked it up to the tractor, only problem is that I don't think its the correct one for the tractor. The model number on the box is B5320 and the issue I have with it is the three point hitch won't lower far enough to drop it on the ground...at its lowest position its like 6" above ground level and now its empty but when I have concrete in it that will be a huge issue. Is this just how ballast boxes are or did they give me the wrong one?
    I have a kubota B8160 ballast box. It has a sticker on it that says "ADD 300 POUNDS FOR BX TRACTORS AND 500 POUNDS FOR B TRACTORS". I'm not sure what size a B5320 box is. Kubota website has not much info on ballast boxes. Something your dealer may have to help you research.
    I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Is this just how ballast boxes are or did they give me the wrong one?
    They should lower to the ground.
    Now, two questions...does your rockshaft (3PH) lever have position control or a movable stop? If so, is it set to allow full down travel of the 3PH?

If your 3PH is traveling full down, your question about the ballast box should be directed to your dealer since he's the one who will replace that box if it is, in fact, the wrong one.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Roy is correct. It should lower to the ground. Mine has angle iron stands welded on the bottom that it sits on when I take it off.
    I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Silver Member

its aBX2360 so it doesn't have position control, it just has a level and when you hold it down it will drop the 3pt hitch until it eventually stops at the bottom...but the bottom is too high for the box to sit. I e-mailed the dealer hopefully they will either replace it with the correct one or even better give me some wheel weights instead and I will just go back to using the box blade

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

You could lower it onto a dolly so then you could roll it around...but something does not sound correct.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Silver Member

I was just looking at the original cabs for this tractor and they show the correct ballast box in the picture...it is not like mine so obviously I got the wrong one

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

I was just looking at the original cabs for this tractor and they show the correct ballast box in the picture...it is not like mine so obviously I got the wrong one
    Yeah...I think it's for a BX series or a lawn/garden tractor.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Veteran Member

From the wholegoods list, BX2360 takes B8160 ballast box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bx2360-ballast-jpg   -ballast-note-jpg  
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast