B21 Drive pedal problem

/ B21 Drive pedal problem #1  

luv2sled

Tractor
Kubota B21
I have a 2003 B21 and I lost pressure to my forward and reverse pedals. They still work but they do not come back to neutral. It will stay in whatever posistion you push it to when the tractor is running, but if the tractor is off, it is just like a teeter-toter going back and forth.
Any ideas?? Is there a spring that pulls it back to neutral?
Thanks for any help!

/ B21 Drive pedal problem #2  
There is a spring that returns the pedal to neutral. If I recall correctly the spring can only be accessed by tearing the tractor down.

When I disassembled my tractor I forgot to put the spring on, and tore it back down to put the spring back in. I do believe you could cut an access hole in the frame to install the spring, but ymmv

-y

/ B21 Drive pedal problem #3  
You need to keep the pivot point and any slide rods lubed. Grease on the pivot point (should have a zerk) and I use spray motorcycle chain lub on the slide rods. Luckily, on my B7300 its all easily accessed from under the tractor. From what Yubby says, it may be a little harder on your tractor.

/ B21 Drive pedal problem #4  
My B21 does not return to center as well as I would like. I found the large spring under the pedals was rusted and oiled it. Also there is a grease zerk at the pivot point.

/ B21 Drive pedal problem #5  
I noticed there was an access hole cut into the floor of my new-to-me B21. Maybe this is why. I'm going to weld a cover over the hole but probably just tack it on in case I need to do something like this.

/ B21 Drive pedal problem
Thanks for the replies. After speaking to the Kubota dealer, he actually had a B21 partially torn down and showed me the spring that returns it to neutral. Cheap fix, but not easy to get to! We'll find out tomorrow when I take it apart!

/ B21 Drive pedal problem
Bad news...I tore apart the tractor trying to find my spring that had broke off and actually found something much more difficult to fix. I did cut an access hole and found that the part where the spring hooks to, that has the bearings on that rides on the cam to bring it to neutral, had come off and where that connects to the transmission housing(cast metal) had broken off. The bearing must have given out and bound up, forcing the cast metal to break.
I think it can be welded, but getting to it doesn't look fun. Does anyone know if the driveline cover, between the two floor boards, can be removed?
Thanks