L3700 scraper blade size

/ L3700 scraper blade size #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Does anyone run a 7' scraper blade on a L3700 series tractor. I was wondering if I can swing it all the way around without taking it off?
Thanks

/ L3700 scraper blade size #2  
I've got one on a 2250 and no way can I turn it around without removing it first. It might be possible with a different blade that had a longer tongue.

/ L3700 scraper blade size #3  
I know this might not help but I use one on my L3430 and am able to spin it all the way around when I lift it with the 3ph. My tractor is 35 hp and I think it is about the same size as yours.

/ L3700 scraper blade size
I am thinking the L3430 is on the same frame as a 3700 but am not positive... Any trouble pulling it or using it? I want it mainly for doing snow and ditches. I have used a 6' on it without a problem and my dealer has a 7' cat 1/Cat 2 70HP blade at a good price so I was looking at getting that one.
Thanks for the info!

/ L3700 scraper blade size #5  
I am thinking the L3430 is on the same frame as a 3700 but am not positive... Any trouble pulling it or using it? I want it mainly for doing snow and ditches. I have used a 6' on it without a problem and my dealer has a 7' cat 1/Cat 2 70HP blade at a good price so I was looking at getting that one.
Thanks for the info!

I have a 7 footer on my L4400 and I think that a 7 footer on a L3400 would be to much. I wouldn't want any bigger on my machine and it is a frame size bigger. The bigger a blade is the farther it sets back. I would think a blade with offset and tilt would better serve you.
What dealer are you refering to I have been to most in this area?

/ L3700 scraper blade size #6  
It's going to depend on the tongue length of the 7 foot blade. It doesn't really matter which tractor it's on, if the ends of the lift arms are in a "standard" position, the blade will clear if it's designed properly.

Sean

/ L3700 scraper blade size #7  
I have a woods and agree that it is tongue length that decides if you can flip it or not - I can on my B3200 as long as I only raise it an inch ot two off the ground and have some slack on the 3pt chains.

On a side note - I have found the scraper blade is really not all that helpful - I am sure they are in certain applications but I wish I had never bought mine and got a box blade instead. Keep in mind they don't weigh all that much so they don't "scrape" like a dozer blade. They mostly just skid across the ground. Again - I am sure there are great applications for them like scraping manure off a concrete barn floor but don't think you will be able to "angle" the blade and have it cut a swell into anything. Also, longer blades put lots of torque on the center piece and you can break it pretty quickly.

I know there are a lot of smart people here with different opinions but it might be worth it to post your application and see if people think a blade is the way to go - Hate to see anyone buy the wrong piece of equipment (repeat my mistake).

/ L3700 scraper blade size #8  
I use a 7 footer med duty on an L2500 and I can swing it around if I raise ti the right height. I do not find it too much for my tractor so I wouldn't hesitate on an L37. (Remember you almost always have it angled which lessens the pulling resistance, unlike a box blade where you are always pulling the full width. As far as usefulness in the last post I beg to differ. They both have their uses and at times I use a box blade and on other jobs I use the backblade. Going slow with an angle and the right pitch from the toplink and it does a decent job of cutting gradually into virgin earth. Just perfect for creating mild swales. Of course a med duty is fairly heavy. A light duty wouldn't do as well.

/ L3700 scraper blade size #9  
When purchasing a rear blade, measure how long the boom is from where the 3pt attaches out to the pivot point where the blade angles. If 1/2 of the blade length is shorter than this measurement then the blade will turn 360* no problem. On the less costly blades, this can be a factor and those are the blades that have to be off of the tractor to be able to turn the blade around 180*. Just one of the things that should be considered when purchasing any of these types of implements. ;)

/ L3700 scraper blade size
Seen it over at Straton - it looks nice and is rated to 70hp. Im just not sure I want to move up to a 7' blade. If it was a 6 foot I would of bought it> I already have a box blade but really like the scraper blade for doing snow in the winter and I wanted the tilting side shifting style so I can also use it for cutting ditches (thus the reason I want a heavy duty model).
Thanks for the info
Dex3361 - what town are you from? Im over in Hurricane