Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, MULE Fxt Pro, Honda Pioneer 500

Default L3700 scraper blade size

Does anyone run a 7' scraper blade on a L3700 series tractor. I was wondering if I can swing it all the way around without taking it off?
    Thanks
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    Mule FXT Pro
    Honda Pioneer 500

Tractor
    2010 Kubota L4240

Default Re: L3700 scraper blade size

I've got one on a 2250 and no way can I turn it around without removing it first. It might be possible with a different blade that had a longer tongue.

Tractor
    Kubota GL3430

I know this might not help but I use one on my L3430 and am able to spin it all the way around when I lift it with the 3ph. My tractor is 35 hp and I think it is about the same size as yours.
    Grand L 3430, 723 FEL, ATI grapple, BB w/ T-N-T, Gearmore pallet forks, Gearmore 72" trash fork, KK landscape rake.

www.campwatanda.com

Tractor

I am thinking the L3430 is on the same frame as a 3700 but am not positive... Any trouble pulling it or using it? I want it mainly for doing snow and ditches. I have used a 6' on it without a problem and my dealer has a 7' cat 1/Cat 2 70HP blade at a good price so I was looking at getting that one.
    Thanks for the info!
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    Mule FXT Pro
    Honda Pioneer 500

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Code54 View Post
    I am thinking the L3430 is on the same frame as a 3700 but am not positive... Any trouble pulling it or using it? I want it mainly for doing snow and ditches. I have used a 6' on it without a problem and my dealer has a 7' cat 1/Cat 2 70HP blade at a good price so I was looking at getting that one.
    Thanks for the info!
    I have a 7 footer on my L4400 and I think that a 7 footer on a L3400 would be to much. I wouldn't want any bigger on my machine and it is a frame size bigger. The bigger a blade is the farther it sets back. I would think a blade with offset and tilt would better serve you.
    What dealer are you refering to I have been to most in this area?
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

It's going to depend on the tongue length of the 7 foot blade. It doesn't really matter which tractor it's on, if the ends of the lift arms are in a "standard" position, the blade will clear if it's designed properly.

Sean

Gold Member

I have a woods and agree that it is tongue length that decides if you can flip it or not - I can on my B3200 as long as I only raise it an inch ot two off the ground and have some slack on the 3pt chains.

On a side note - I have found the scraper blade is really not all that helpful - I am sure they are in certain applications but I wish I had never bought mine and got a box blade instead. Keep in mind they don't weigh all that much so they don't "scrape" like a dozer blade. They mostly just skid across the ground. Again - I am sure there are great applications for them like scraping manure off a concrete barn floor but don't think you will be able to "angle" the blade and have it cut a swell into anything. Also, longer blades put lots of torque on the center piece and you can break it pretty quickly.

I know there are a lot of smart people here with different opinions but it might be worth it to post your application and see if people think a blade is the way to go - Hate to see anyone buy the wrong piece of equipment (repeat my mistake).

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

I use a 7 footer med duty on an L2500 and I can swing it around if I raise ti the right height. I do not find it too much for my tractor so I wouldn't hesitate on an L37. (Remember you almost always have it angled which lessens the pulling resistance, unlike a box blade where you are always pulling the full width. As far as usefulness in the last post I beg to differ. They both have their uses and at times I use a box blade and on other jobs I use the backblade. Going slow with an angle and the right pitch from the toplink and it does a decent job of cutting gradually into virgin earth. Just perfect for creating mild swales. Of course a med duty is fairly heavy. A light duty wouldn't do as well.
    Experience is something you get right after you need it!

Kubota L2500 DT w/ 5 foot FEL and Pat's easy change system
    5ft box blade, 5ft bushhog, 6ft york rake w/ guage wheels, 7ft backblade w/skid shoes , post hole digger, 5 foot snowblower, dual axel 16 foot landscape trailer, 330 gal water tank, Ford 250 diesel, 6 wheel drive polaris ranger, bale spears for loader

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

When purchasing a rear blade, measure how long the boom is from where the 3pt attaches out to the pivot point where the blade angles. If 1/2 of the blade length is shorter than this measurement then the blade will turn 360* no problem. On the less costly blades, this can be a factor and those are the blades that have to be off of the tractor to be able to turn the blade around 180*. Just one of the things that should be considered when purchasing any of these types of implements.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor

Seen it over at Straton - it looks nice and is rated to 70hp. Im just not sure I want to move up to a 7' blade. If it was a 6 foot I would of bought it> I already have a box blade but really like the scraper blade for doing snow in the winter and I wanted the tilting side shifting style so I can also use it for cutting ditches (thus the reason I want a heavy duty model).
    Thanks for the info
    Dex3361 - what town are you from? Im over in Hurricane
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    Mule FXT Pro
    Honda Pioneer 500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast