Mowing Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing #1  

Brandon1107

Tractor
Kubota M8540
Well the CPA has informed me that more deductions are in order for this year.
I had planned on getting a 15' bush hog Batwing but after seeing the double decked land pride I might change my mind. I will be shredding around 2 to 300 acres annually with brush up to 3 inches. Does anyone have experience with the LP? We currently have a 10' BH that's about 5 years old and the deck has holes rusted through. We had to redeck the entire back half, but it still cuts great. I know that a BH will stand up to the work but deck design bothers me. I like the LP deck design but it's not am established brand and I'm afraid it won't handle the rough stuff.

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing #2  
I had planned on getting a 15' bush hog Batwing but after seeing the double decked land pride I might change my mind. I will be shredding around 2 to 300 acres annually with brush up to 3 inches. Does anyone have experience with the LP? We currently have a 10' BH that's about 5 years old and the deck has holes rusted through. We had to redeck the entire back half, but it still cuts great. I know that a BH will stand up to the work but deck design bothers me. I like the LP deck design but it's not am established brand and I'm afraid it won't handle the rough stuff.

how much ground do you have that you have to brushhog 2-300 acres with 3 inch brush every year? I only ask because I am jealous!!!:thumbsup:

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing #3  
I have no experience with the Land Pride bat-wing, but use a RCR2672 with which I am very happy. Our ten foot mower is a Woods and it has held up well. The majority of farmers in my areas use Woods bat-wings and I can't remember the last time I saw a Bush Hog bat-wing being used. I am sure they are good cutters, just not much in the way of dealerships around here. I don't see Land Prides either though.

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing
funwithahoe said:
how much ground do you have that you have to brushhog 2-300 acres with 3 inch brush every year? I only ask because I am jealous!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah I shred about 2-300 acres every year total, and I don't always get all of it every year so the next year I have to play catch up. (thats where the 3" brush comes in) That is with a 10 and 6 BH and a 6 woods. Hopefully the 8540 and a 15' bw will make it much faster. As far as being jealous, you can come shred all you want and shoot hogs until you run out of bullets if you like! :p

Woods are great cutters too I have limited experience with them (bought a used 6 ' with a David brown last year that I use at the house). The opposite is the case down here, all bush hog and few woods. If I could get a BH or woods with the smooth deck I would be all over it. Seems that LP is the only one with the smooth deck as of now, but I suspect the big boys may be doing it soon. Looks like a great idea. I'm sure a BH salesman could tell me what's wrong with it though. :))

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing #5  
Quite a few years ago Bush Hog was the "gold standard" up here too, but they started trying to compete with the lighter built and cheaper machines offered by other companies and then the company ran into quite a bit of financial difficulty and people were afraid to buy them.

The popularity of Woods up here is kind of puzzling as there are more LP dealers and the Woods dealer most use is a little hole in the wall operation up in the hills, but they sell a lot of them. We had to buy ours without ever having seen one as they only have about four models on the lot at any one time.

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog Batwing #6  

Don't quite know what you want if you don't think that Land Pride is an established brand. :confused3: Pretty tough to be any more established than they are. :thumbsup: I believe that they are the sole supplier for 3pt implements for Kubota along with bat wing mowers and whatnot. Been around since 1986 and look like they have continually grown. If you like the design of their mower :drool: and the price is ok, :thumbsup: then that is the one for you IMO.