Kubota L48 cab project

/ Kubota L48 cab project #1  

jbutch83

Tractor
Kubota L48
I have a 2004 L48, and plan on using it for snow removal this winter. Used it a couple of times last winter stacking and moving snow, and realized that a cab was needed for this winter. Searched all over for a Curtis, only to find out that they quit making them sometime ago and no one has one left.

Ended up buying a Sims, and it got delivered last Friday. During this process, the fenders on the tractor will need to come off and get repainted. I have some slight rust issues, and with the investment that I made with purchasing the cab, it needs to last me for a while now.

I have found so far that Sims is really lacking on their instructions. I purchsed the heater for it as well, and they say that it should be mounted on the right side of the dash, but I have no clue as to were to mount the thing. Anyone done this before that could help. I have some pictures of the tractor now, and will take more during the course of redoing the fenders as well as the install as well.

Attachments

• DSC_1180.jpg
    DSC_1180.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_1183.jpg
    DSC_1183.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC_1193.jpg
    DSC_1193.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC_1196.jpg
    DSC_1196.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 222
   / Kubota L48 cab project #2  
Good luck with your project. When I saw the picture of your bucket I realized you had to be back East. I can see rust is an issue for you.

I have a 2004 L48, and plan on using it for snow removal this winter. Used it a couple of times last winter stacking and moving snow, and realized that a cab was needed for this winter. Searched all over for a Curtis, only to find out that they quit making them sometime ago and no one has one left.

Ended up buying a Sims, and it got delivered last Friday. During this process, the fenders on the tractor will need to come off and get repainted. I have some slight rust issues, and with the investment that I made with purchasing the cab, it needs to last me for a while now.

I have found so far that Sims is really lacking on their instructions. I purchsed the heater for it as well, and they say that it should be mounted on the right side of the dash, but I have no clue as to were to mount the thing. Anyone done this before that could help. I have some pictures of the tractor now, and will take more during the course of redoing the fenders as well as the install as well.