BX1800 Creeping Problem

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #1  

nmk61802

I received delivery of a new to me BX1800 a few weeks ago. I have noticed that it has an issue with creeping forward when left in gear unless light pressure is put on the rear of the hst pedal. I have replaced the neutral return spring and the return damper, but the problem still seams to be there. I have also tried adjusting the return spring pressure, and the length of the pedal rod via the hemi joint, nothing seems to make any difference.

What am I missing? Does the Owners/Operators manual list the adjustment procedures (I don't currently have one)?

Last edited:
   / BX1800 Creeping Problem
The pedal does have the only grease fitting on a BX and you have greased that, no doubt?

That was the first thing I did prior to replacing the other parts

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #4  
My bx 24 does the same thing. For me it's just habit to set the brake before getting off, while the tractor is running.

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #5  
My BX2350 does the same thing too, I blame it on all the old grease around the pedal pivot. Someday I'm gonna remove all the old grease and lube it with something lighter than chassis lube and see if that fixes it. Maybe somebody has already tried that and will let us know if that fixed it.

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #6  
My BX2230 does that from time to time. It really doesn't bother me since I have to put it in neutral before getting off or the engine dies.

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #7  
I have same issue too- usually when I see it creeping, I just slap the hst in opposite direction of it creeping to put it in its neutral sweet spot.

I do find that when it sticks, its time for a greasing. Light duty grease seems to work better then heavy duty for BH or FEL grease. FYI , I took my HST pedal shaft apart once and cleaned it and it seems to be very smooth in operating, when it has lots of old grease in it, it seems to become sticky over time.

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #9  
Just a thought-maybe we should be using a synthetic grease for HST pedals.Anybody using it for this application?

/ BX1800 Creeping Problem #10  
Just a thought-maybe we should be using a synthetic grease for HST pedals.Anybody using it for this application?

I tried the green grease thats is synthenic and it seems to gum up more for HST pedal.