Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota?

/ Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota? #1  

StorminN

Hi folks,

I just picked up an old Kubota... an L200... my first tractor in the 20hp+ range. I'd like to tap into the hydraulics on this rig, so I can run remote stuff... wood splitter, live top link, maybe a loader eventually. I'm trying to learn how to do this.

This model has a hydraulic pump on the front of the diesel engine, and the hydraulic reservoir is built into the front part of the fuel tank. Hard lines run from the pump & tank, back to a single valve located under the right side of the operator's seat. In the operator's manual I have, it talks about tapping into the plug in the top of this valve to get hydraulic fluid for remotes, but it doesn't talk about where to tap into the return line.

One guy I've emailed with said that the hydraulic system on this tractor is an old English metric standard, and I'd need to find the correct pressure T, fittings, etc... but he didn't give specifics... I'm wondering if anyone has worked on the hydraulics of these older L-series Kubotas, and knows what standard they are and where to buy parts. Below is a picture of the valve in question. The return line doesn't actually come out of the valve itself, it comes out of the housing for the 3pt hitch lift cylinder. The high-pressure feed line from the pump enters this valve on the under side, you can't see it in this pic. The front of the tractor is to the right in this picture.

Thanks in advance, for any help!
-Norm.

kubota_l200_valve1.jpg

kubota_l200_1.jpg

/ Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota? #2  
Cool tractor. Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I suggest you re-post this in the hydraulics forum under the 'General Forum' section.

JayC

/ Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota?
Ok, will do... moving this thread to there... thanks Jay...

-Norm.

/ Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota? #4  
I have a L2250 Kubota that I tapped into for power beyond 15 years ago and it was done correct. I am running a single spool valve and I have a four spool valve ready to go in when time permits.
In your case the output of the pump goes to your 3 PTH control. I can not help beyond that.
Craig Clayton

/ Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota? #5  
Here is how it was done on my L210. Regular SAE 90 degree street els were used. The supply was tapped into under the seat on the valve and the return went back to a line on the bottom of the tank. I removed the hyd. lines prior to restoration and used regular SAE threaded plugs to cap off the lines.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 309
   / Tapping hydraulics on an old L-series Kubota?
Hi Archers,

I checked my L200, and it has the same return pipe coming out from under the left side of the hydraulic tank... and it has a plug in it... good news!

I got a reply on a non-tractor forum that said:
"The fitting will be British parallel pipe, the thread angle is one half of a degree different than US pipe, use an o-ring fitting."

We have a good hydraulic shop the next town over, and they also happen to be the local Kubota dealer, too... so I think I'll take the plug out of the valve and go visit them on Monday or Tuesday, and see what I can get to fit...

Thanks very much for you help!

-Norm.