B2920 12v help

/ B2920 12v help #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
This is probably pretty basic. Although I have become somewhat skilled with tools I have never gotten into the wiring side of things.
My tractor has a rear light installed. When I bought a 12v sprayer I used the 12v connection the dealer installed on the ROPS to power the sprayer. Now the light doesn't work. Last time I used the sprayer I hooked it up under the fender and was able to get sprayer power if I had the lights on.
Is there a fuse I probably blew out and if so where? Is there a 12v tester I can buy to see where the power is (and where its not)? I am geting out of my comfort zone as far as this goes.

Thanks for the help. I am thinking and hoping it is something simple.

/ B2920 12v help #2  
You can buy cheap volt ohm meters (VOM) or cheap circuit testers that only indicate power for less than $10. The VOM is a better choice because it will test different voltage ranges, AC and DC, resistance.

The circuit tester looks like an awl with a wire coming out of the handle. It pretty much will tell if voltage is present or not by lighting a bulb in the handle. Easier to use, not as flexible.

My B1700 has a very small fuse box below the fuel tank on the RH side. But that might not help you a bit. If you don't get any answer start looking for a small fairly obvious covered box with a fair number of heavy wires.

/ B2920 12v help #3  
For tools, as Argosy mentioned, you could get a VOM or a tester. I would be more likely to suggest the tester as it simple to use for someone with minimal electrical experience. Also a VOM has two leads and it can be difficult to hold each of them to a connector, hold the connector and still look at a digital output or dial to read the voltage. But either will work. Attached is a link to an example of a tester. They are available at any auto parts store, hardware store, etc.

12 VOLT ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT TESTER - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts

It is probably a fuse or a bad connection. You can look in your manual and it should give the location and identify the fuses. If you had to turn the lights on to make the added light work, it is probably on the same fuse identified as the lights. Also check the connection you pulled apart to run the pump. Make sure it is clean and goes together tight. If there is only one wire going to your light, then it is using the frame of the tractor to make the other connection (ground) back to the negative side of the battery, so make sure the light is tight and if you see any wires going to a screw or bolt connecting to the ROPS that those are clean and tight. Other things to check, I think for the lights to be on, the key has to be on, so make sure key is on, light switch is on. And of course, the bulb itself is good.

Last edited:
   / B2920 12v help
Luckily just the 20a fuse. I will have to stock up on these. Any ideas why it blew and how to avoid that in the future?