Snow plow project

/ Snow plow project #1  

scott2360

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
I purchased a Bx 2360 back in March and should have included the 60" front blade at the time of purchase but figured I had spent enough. During the summer I priced the blade and mount at $2100 so I started looking for a short snow plow like off of a Jeep and couldn't find one nearby. I wound up buying a Moose Country plow and a universal mount. Pics show the journey over the last few months. I estimate I spent around $1200 (not counting the plasma cutter).

Attachments

• DSCF0489.JPG
    DSCF0489.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 592
  • DSCF0490.JPG
    DSCF0490.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 560
  • DSCF0492.JPG
    DSCF0492.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 471
   / Snow plow project #2  
Maybe the pics will make sense when more results are in. :D

/ Snow plow project
Yes, the first pics mainly show my messy garage. The large plate you see bolts to the 6 holes in the front frame. The large tabs coming off of it sandwich the frame rails where the front MMM clips in.

Attachments

• DSCF0495.JPG
    DSCF0495.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF0494.JPG
    DSCF0494.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCF0493.JPG
    DSCF0493.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 395
   / Snow plow project #4  
HA! I got ya beat in the messy garage department.:laughing:
Nice work on the fab job. And welcome to TBN.

/ Snow plow project
Next project is to clean the messy garage so tractor w/plow and the wife's car can fit. More or less finished the snow plow. One of the hydraulic hoses didn't dress in very well so I need a different one. I need to reinstall the ROPS and maybe add some lights to it. I will try plowing without chains and then decide whether to buy some.

Attachments

• DSCF0497.JPG
    DSCF0497.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCF0499.JPG
    DSCF0499.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCF0501.JPG
    DSCF0501.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 580
  • DSCF0503.JPG
    DSCF0503.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 479
   / Snow plow project #6  
Next project is to clean the messy garage so tractor w/plow and the wife's car can fit. More or less finished the snow plow. One of the hydraulic hoses didn't dress in very well so I need a different one. I need to reinstall the ROPS and maybe add some lights to it. I will try plowing without chains and then decide whether to buy some.

NICE! Figure you saved $800 or so? I don't see any "weak" point on that - Should work as long as the tractor!

/ Snow plow project #7  
Nice fab job. Keep in mind that those plows were designed for and ATV and your tractor weighs at least twice that of an ATV. I venture to guess that when you have good traction you will have plenty of power to bend that plow.

/ Snow plow project #8  
Looks great. Wish my plow build looked as nice as yours. Also wish I had a plasma :)

I also have you beat on the messy garage department.

/ Snow plow project #9  
I would be a bit concerned about your hydraulic lift cylinder. Most snow plows are lifted with a chain, not a solid connection so they can bounce up if they hit something. If you hit a buried curb or something, it will bend your frame, bend the blade or trash your lift cylinder. You might think about a flexible connection.

Otherwise, great work.

J.

/ Snow plow project #10  
Nice looking job Scott..looking forward action pics.

Messy shop = working mind. ;)