Breeze inside Curtis cab

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #1  

commander

Tractor
2002 Kubota BX2200
Coming into my first year with a BX2200 and Curtis Cab. It does have a heater but the air drawn in around the controls and under the seat by the radiator seems to eliminate any heat produced by the heater. Has anyone dealt with this, am I missing something for the winter?

BTW, what a great tractor

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #2  
I have a BX2660 with Curtis cab and this will be the first winter with it. Mine has a vinyl and velcro cover, that wraps around the open area below the instrument panel to the floor. Air gets sucked in from below.

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab
Thanks for the reply, any idea where the cover came from, is it a Kubota item or aftermarket?

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #4  
Sorry ...... I don't know. Came with the tractor. Dealer was good with suggesting all the little goodies. Unfortunately the dealer is 100 miles away. My local dealer (25 miles) isn't very helpful. I don't go there unless I'm desperate.

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #5  
Coming into my first year with a BX2200 and Curtis Cab. It does have a heater but the air drawn in around the controls and under the seat by the radiator seems to eliminate any heat produced by the heater. Has anyone dealt with this, am I missing something for the winter?

BTW, what a great tractor

COMMANDER,
ON my BX ,you can take out a floor panel in behind the air screen,then block off the air screen,thus drawing air from under the machine ,and not from your cab.Put a blanket or something under your seat to block off all that ,and youll have a nice toasty cab id bet.
ALAN

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #6  
I had a Curtis cab on a B2910 I had and the cab was drafty and I was thankful for that.
The heater would drive you out of the cab even if you had it on low, I had to leave the fan off to be able to wear a jacket in the cab.
Even with the fan off it radiated more than enough heat passively to keep the windows clear.
Are you sure it is working as it should.
I have seen others here say it is too hot for them also.

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #7  
escavader said:
COMMANDER,
ON my BX ,you can take out a floor panel in behind the air screen,then block off the air screen,thus drawing air from under the machine ,and not from your cab.Put a blanket or something under your seat to block off all that ,and youll have a nice toasty cab id bet.
ALAN

Do you have a picture of the floor panel and where it is cause I have a BX2660 with a Tektite deluxe cab and there is a massive draft from the controls and under the seat I want to block them off but have to find another way to bring air into the engine

/ Breeze inside Curtis cab #8  
First pic is the screen i blocked off with rubber,for air tight seal

Attachments

• 100_3183 (1016 x 677).jpg
    100_3183 (1016 x 677).jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 376
   / Breeze inside Curtis cab #9  
2nd pic with the screen removed ,you can see where the panel comes out

Attachments

• 100_3184 (1016 x 677).jpg
    100_3184 (1016 x 677).jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 375
   / Breeze inside Curtis cab #10  
escavader said:
2nd pic with the screen removed ,you can see where the panel comes out

So do you put it back on in the summer or do you leave it off and install a screen or just leave it off?