Order Parts Online in Canada?

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #1  

PointyHairedBoss

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B21 TLB, Kubota B2920
Does anyone know of a good Canadian OnLine Kubota parts supplier or an American supplier that ships to Canadian addresses from Canada?

I found some American OnLine companies that will ship into Canada but I am reluctant to order if the goods are shipped from the US because I don't want to be stuck with duty or brokerage fees when I receive the product (as has happened to me previously).

I plan on buying Bro-Tek's thumb attachment for my backhoe. Bro-Tek is located in the US but can ship from New Brunswick. I'll have to pay the applicable taxes but there will be no surprise brokerage or duty charges on delivery.

That takes care of that accessory, but now I'm looking for a well stocked Kubota parts company as well.

/ Order Parts Online in Canada?
My mistake, all the testimonials I read were from Americans & prices are quoted in $US so I made a wrong assumption. In the words of Emily Lattella, "never mind".

However I'm still looking for an online Kubota parts supplier.

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #4  
When you order parts from the USA ask to have the order shipped US Postal Service. That way you avoid the outrageous brokerage fees that UPS charges. You will still have to pay the GST/HST.

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #5  
When you find a supplier from Canada let us all know. There is very little available up here in the frozen north and there are a lot of US suppliers that will not deliver to Canada if they even know where that is. (sorry just a little bitter).
Canada apparently is such a small market that no wants to bother with us.:(:confused:

/ Order Parts Online in Canada?
In my on-line searching I discovered Messick's. They have a well organized, easy to use web site & what looks like competitive pricing (from the few items I checked).
Any other suggestions?

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #7  
When you order parts from the USA ask to have the order shipped US Postal Service. That way you avoid the outrageous brokerage fees that UPS charges. You will still have to pay the GST/HST.

Yes, Outrageous fees!

Re Post office;

Everything under $20 is FREE, and over that the appropriate GST etc.
Gifts are FREE under $75.00 (you do have an American friend that can forward that part as a gift, don't you?)

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #8  
I just ordered the thumb and skid plates for my bx25 from bro-tek. Will there be any additional fees in order for me to receive it?

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #9  
I've used tractorparts.com, the owner is a very nice fellow and very helpful. I did have to pay some duty but it was still cheaper than local. He used to have free shipping but other dealers complained and Kubota stopped drop shipping to his customers so he ships from his inventory now.

/ Order Parts Online in Canada? #10  
UPS broker fees are a deal breaker for me. I ordered tire chains last year and UPS charged me over $50 just in fees. For less expensive items, the broker fees are more than the item is worth. :mad:

I just received a $200 fuel kit from the US shipped by the US Postal Service. No broker fees and I wasn't chaged HST. Maybe a fluke, but I'd push real hard with a vendor to have them use USPS instead if UPS.