BX2200

/ BX2200 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I bought a new BX2200 this past summer and have used it all summer for mowing 7 acres (60 mmm). I currently have 60 hours of use. I recently purchased a single bottom plow for my garden and had some traction issues. I have turf tires and pulled in 4 wheel low range with some slippage. Any suggestions other than getting bar tires? Also, I purchased a rear blade that I have done some leveling work with and plan to use for snow removal this winter. Should I get chains for the rear tires? I have an asphalt driveway that is approximately 700 feet long with some slope to it?

/ BX2200
First thing that came to mind was...

<font color=red>Chains?</font color=red>

Second thing was...

<font color=green>Loading your tires?</font color=green>

I think I would try loading the tires before anything else...

K Mart is apparently having a great sale on WW fluid, by the way...

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ BX2200 #3  
Define traction problems. Maybe you had the plow too deep to pull. Just a thought.

/ BX2200 #4  
I have chains for the rear tires. I think they help in icy conditions. I never had trouble pushing snow up my drive with a 5 foot rear blade. Once after a freezin rain, my Cub Cadet 149 (with rear chains, front snow thrower) slid slowly down the hill even with the rear tires spinning bckwards. I drive over the slick ice with the chains to roughen the surface so the car will get a little traction.

/ BX2200 #5  
Try hitting the differential lock when you slip.